Chapter 18 ~ Headaches and Hospitals

Tyler's POV

The paramedics finally arrive. Everyone was asked to leave the lunchroom so they could check on Elena. I call Jess and Lex to tell them. They say that they're going to visit her at the hospital after school. Maybe I should do that, too. Yeah, I'm definitely going to do that.

Please God, let her be okay. She needs to be okay.

The rest of the school day goes by slower than ever. The last hour of school feels like they're holding me captive for ten years. I have to go see her! I need to check on her and see if she's okay. She has to be okay, she has to.

On the drive to the hospital, I had to pull over so many times to take a breather. What if she's not okay? What if it's worse than we thought. What if-

No, Tyler. Don't even think of that. She's going to be fine. Everything's going to be okay.

Waiting for the elevator is taking forever, so I decide to take the stairs. It's faster that way. This time, I can run.

"What room is she in; what room is Elena Hawkins in?" I ask the receptionist.

"Visiting hours are now, she's in Room 230."

"Thank you so much, ma'am."

230. 230. Where the hell is room 230?!

When I finally find Room 230, I look inside. Her mom and dad are in the room. I decide to give them alone time. I should just stay in the hall for a while, until they're done. Somehow, I can't stay still or sit. My feet keep me pacing and my mind keeps me thinking. The elevator dings and I see Lex and Jess come out of it.

"Tyler!" Lex says, running to me.

"Where is she, is she okay? Did you see her yet? God, this is all my fault." Jess says, panicked.

"She's in Room 230. And no, I just got here. Her parents are in the room right now."

I run my fingers through my hair and cover my face. I hope she's okay.

Lex and Jess went in one by one an hour later. I still haven't seen her yet. Honestly, I'm scared of seeing her like that. When I peek in, she's hooked up to all these wires. It's weird seeing her without a smile on her face.

I've been here for a while, so I decide to get some food from the cafeteria. I'm pretty hungry considering I dropped my lunch and didn't eat anything for breakfast. The hospital only has turkey sandwiches, which is fine. I haven't eaten a sandwich in a long time.

Okay, food is really not helping me forget about her. I need to see her.

When I get back up, I open the door to go see Elena. She's still asleep. She doesn't look as pale as she did at lunch. That's good. I take the seat next to her, and grab her hand.

She looks so peaceful when she's sleeping. Please be okay, baby. I need you to stay and tell me you're here for me. You promised.

"Cutie," I whispered, playing with her fingers.

"Hey, baby. You need to wake up for me, okay? Open those beautiful, big brown eyes of yours. You need to smile too, so I can hear your laugh as well, okay?"

I hope you can hear me Cutie.

She doesn't respond in any way. Her breathing is slow and steady. I watch her for a while and talk to her about all sorts of stuff. I tell her that the first thing we'll do when she gets out of here is go to McDonald's so she can eat as many chicken nuggets as she wants.

"Cutie, you remember the time I stole your seat at lunch? You got so furious. It was pretty cute, actually. Your eyebrows were furrowed and you had this adorable dimple right there." I touch the sides of her lips.

Unconsciously, I intertwine our fingers, squeezing her hand.

"You need to be fine, okay, Cutie? You scared me so bad today. I couldn't focus in class. I thought I was going to lose you. I can't imagine a world without you. The doctors said that you hit your head hard when you fell, harder than when Jess accidently hit you. They said you'll be okay though. So don't scare me like that again, okay?"

I feel her return the squeeze of my hand. She starts to open her eyes. Soon, I feel her snatch her hand out of mine.

"Who are you?" She asks.

~*~

A/N: GASP! What? Did she really hit her head that hard? But the doctors said she would be okay! Haha. I guess you guys will find out in the next chapter of The Bad Boy was Staring at Me. Thanks for reading! Love you guys! Please vote, comment, and share! <3