Chapter 37 ~ Surprises is an Understatement

Elena's POV

Last night with Tyler was amazing. Although we had our differences, we managed to work through it. Nothing can come through us; we're titanium. I decide to call Tyler and ask if he wants to hang out since there's after school.

Ring. Ring.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Hey, Tyler!"

"Hi, Cutie."

"Wanna hang out today?" I ask.

"Uhm, I can't today. I'm uhm... busy. Yeah, busy," he struggles to get the words out.

"Oh, that's okay! Maybe next time. Bye!" I hang up.

That was weird. Why is he being so distant? Is something going on that I don't know about? Hmm, maybe I should call Jess. She's always good with stuff like this.

"Hey, Jess!" I exclaim after she answers.

"Hey, what's up?"

I explain everything that happened since lunch yesterday, to the cryptic phone call I just had with Tyler to her. "Hm," she ponders.

"You should go over to his house and surprise him! You know, make a picnic basket, maybe go to the park and watch the sun go down later. It would be cute!" she suggests.

"You think?" I question, unsure of her plan.

"Yeah, he'll love it! Trust me."

"Well, alright. Thanks."

---

At the supermarket, I grab the essentials for making a sandwich. Bread, turkey, mayonnaise, and cheese are all in the basket, ready to be paid for. "13.75." The lady at the cash register says. I pay for the supplies and go home to make the food.

It's three o'clock when I arrive to my house. Only 2 more hours until the surprise. Making the food is time consuming, which makes the time go by much faster. I have to plan my outfit! I go to my closet and pick out a royal blue halter top with light washed shorts.

---

Okay Elena, moment of truth.

Knock. Knock.

"Coming!" a girl's voice yells.

Is that-? Could it be-? No. There's no way. He wouldn't do that to me. Especially not after last night. Right?

The door I'm standing in front of swings open and my eyes open wide. It's Vickie. She is wearing what looks like Tyler's shirt. It goes down to her mid-thigh. I suddenly feel nauseous.

"Oh, God. I have to get out of here," I say aloud, my eyes tearing up.

I hear Tyler's voice in the back. "Who's at the door?" he asks.

He comes out from behind the kitchen and takes a good look at me. He must think I'm a fool. I told him I was falling for him! He made a big deal about me kissing Nate when I find Vickie in his house looking half naked!

He studies my facial expression and then looks back at Vickie's clothing. His eyes open wide, just like mine did earlier. Why am I still here? A tear rolls down my cheek as I turn away.

"No, Cutie! It's not like that!" he calls after me.

My walking speeds up; I want to get out of here as fast as I can. He disgusts me! I guess bad boys don't change after all. 

---

A/N:  The moment you've all been waiting for! I'm back!! I have two new books called Unspoken and A Love Like Ours. I wrote them on my trip on my phone. Such a struggle haha but I'm back for good so no worries. If you like The Bad Boy was Staring at Me you'll love my two other books. 

Exclusive: The Bad Boy was Staring at Me, Unspoken, and A Love Like Ours are all inspired by the same boy. Also, the Tables in this story is a real place and is where I met my own Tyler. His real name isn't Tyler though haha. Vickie is a real person as well, and so is Jess, Lex, Nate and Chase.  What do you guys think about that? 

*laugh maniacally* Another cliffhanger! That's right, sorry guys. I just love leaving you hanging. So what did you think? Vickie, really? Was he that desperate? Is there more to the story? Why was Vickie even there? Find out in the next chapter! Love you guys! <3 

IMPORTANT Announcement:

The @thefictionawards is hosting a contest and nominations started already!

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I am thankful to have you guys as readers :) You guys never fail too bring a smile to my face every time I see a vote or comment on my stories. It brings me joy to read your comments and see how much of an impact my words can be to you guys.

So let's try and promote my books to help others just like if they have helped you :) The main categories I want to aim for is Best of the Undiscovered. Tell your friends to vote too! You can only vote on the app so download it if you don't already have it! You can vote more than once! So let's try to make my dreams come true :)

P.S: You can't nominate the same book for different categories so choose which one you want to nominate for each. But you can nominate me as a user for the user categories if you would like :) 

Voting ends July 29 (11:59 pm)

Thank you my lovelies! I love you <3