Chapter 23 ~ Jersey Numbers and Coincidences

Elena's POV

After what Tyler said, I can't sleep. It's currently 2:00 am and he's still on my mind. "Just look at me and I'll make everything okay." I'm going to hold him to that. This is crazy; what I feel for him is unreal. I've never felt anything like this for anyone before. This is nothing like what I felt for Nate. It's more intense. It feels right.

Bzzz. Bzzz.

Tyler: Can't stop thinking about you

Oh my gosh. Did he really just say that? Ah! Totally having a fangirl moment right now.

Elena: Same...

Those three dots always do the trick. I think, smiling to myself.

Tyler: Go to sleep, Cutie. It's 2 AM.

"Won't you stay 'till the AM?" The music on my phone started playing AM by One Direction. I start laughing. What a coincidence. He says AM and the song comes on. After singing along with the boys, I decide to text him back.

Elena: You have to sleep too

Tyler: Stop worrying Cutie, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight

Elena: Goodnight. Oh! I have something to tell you tomorrow. ;)

Tyler: Why can't you tell me now?

Elena: Goodnight, Tyler

He's going to go crazy, I know it. I turn my read notifications on to mess with him even more.

Tyler: Really?

Read at 2:21am

Tyler: Please?

Read at 2:23am

Tyler: Pretty please?

Read at 2:25am

Tyler: Cutie, come on! You're killing me here! I can see you reading this!

Read at 2:26am

~*~

I wake up with a bright smile on my face. This boy doesn't know how simple his words are, but they make my day a hundred times better. I can not wait to see him at the Tables in a few minutes!

"Dad, are you ready yet?"

"Almost!"

Little did I know, I would end up love going to the Tables. The place where I didn't fit in at first feels like home now. Jeez, Dad, how much longer? I want to get there so I can see my friends. Well, Tyler mostly, but my friends too!

"Okay Elena, ready?" He asks.

I've been ready.

"Ready Freddy. Bye mom! Love you!"

As I head out the door, I practically run to the car door. Only a few minutes more! The whole ride to the Tables, my dad caught all the red lights. Can traffic be any worse than this? Ugh. I just want to see Tyler! He's the reason I wake up early, put on my clothes, and head to school. You really think I go to learn? Ha! You're only kidding yourself.

Before I know it, my dad pulls up the place I want to be at the most. I look out the window and see Tyler sitting by himself. That's good; Vickie won't be here to ruin everything again, like she always does.. The walk up to the Tables is very quick considering I almost sprinted towards him. I took the empty seat next to him and he stands up right away.

Wait, where's he going?

Suddenly, I feel his arms circle around me. He lowers his mouth to my neck brushing his lips against it. I let out a small giggle. What is he doing?

"Cutie." He moves up to my ear, and lightly bit my earlobe.

I giggled again. Elena, control yourself!

"That wasn't nice, what you did to me last night," he mutters in my ear.

"What ever are you talking about?" I ask in a british accent, trying so hard not to laugh.

"Cutie, you don't want to go there," he says. I can hear in his voice that he's in a playful mood.

"I don't?" I question him. "What if I do?" I whisper seductively.

"You don't. Or else." He warns.

"Or else what?" I play with him. Two can definitely play this game.

"You're really going to test me?" He asks, an evil smile on his face.

"Mhm."

The arms that were once around me start tickling me out of nowhere. Uh-oh. Tickling is my worst weakness. Once his hands start tickling me, I can't help but laugh. My stomach hurts so bad I think I'm getting abs. My eyes tear up and I hope my mascara is not running.

"So, are you going to tell me now?" Tyler pleads.

"Hm," I begin, pretending to think. "No!" His eyebrows shoot up and his jaw drops. I start laughing at his facial expression.

"You look like a dog!" I scream at him.

He puts his hands up again, indicating that he would start tickling me if I didn't tell him. No, no, no.Not again.

"Okay, okay." I relent, giving in. I put my hands up, surrendering.

I have to think of something fast. I didn't really have anything to tell him last night, I was just joking to see his reaction. It was pretty hilarious; not a part of me regrets it. Okay, Elena, think! Fries? No. Football? No. Chicken Nuggets? Those actually sound pretty good right now.

"Can you take me to McDonald's?" I try changing the subject.

"Cutie," he warns.

I put my hand under my chin, thinking. "My favorite number is 23!" I blurt out.

Really? That's the first thing that came to mind? Out of all the frickin' things in the whole world, you tell him your favorite number?

"Really?" Tyler questions, raising his right eyebrow.

"Yup."

His shocked face turned into a smirk. "That's my jersey number for football!" He admits.

Now, I'm the one who looks like a dog. My eyes open wide. Haha. Uhm. "What, really? What a coincidence."

23 is really my favorite number; I didn't go stalking him. Okay, I did, but I swear I didn't know it was his jersey number!

"Mhm, a coincidence," he comes behind me and holds me against his chest.

I can smell his cologne. He's standing so close to me, I can't breathe. He literally takes my breath away. He doesn't even know that I'm falling for him. I've got it bad, real bad.

~*~

A/N: Hey guys! What's your guys' favorite number and why? Mine is actually number 23! I hope you guys liked this chapter! Please vote, comment, and share! <3

What is your guy's' favorite song at the moment? Mine is Hair by Little Mix. How about you? Any song recommendation? Leave them in the comments :)

P.S. I do not own any rights to the songs in this chapter! Okay bye guys! Until next chapter! Peace <3

*insert Dolan twins outro song* (Tuesday ft. Drake remix)