Chapter 19 ~ Remember Me, Please?

A/N: You guys are by far the best! You guys got me to 400 and 500 in one day! So another double chapter! :) You guys deserve it. :) 

Tyler's POV

"Who are you?"

I feel tears sting my eyes. My hands shake profusely.

She doesn't remember me? She doesn't remember me. Nothing? What about all the times we had together, she forgot all of it? This can't be happening. No! Why? The only girl I've cared about has forgotten me.

"Y-you don't remember who I am?" I ask, trying to sound calm.

"Elena, Cutie, you don't remember me at all?" I take her hand in mine.

She must have hit her head pretty damn hard. Why did she have to forget everything we had?

I look away from her, avoiding eye contact. I can't; I can't look at her. It hurt too much looking at her hooked up to machines, but her not remembering everything we had? That's too much.

My eyes can't look at her, but my heart is telling me to. So, I do. With all of my strength, I raise my eyes to her beautiful brown ones.

When I look at her, she smiles from ear to ear. I give her a confused look. She throws her head back like a five year old and starts laughing. She's clutching her stomach and holding onto my hand for dear life.

Wait. I don't understand. What's happening?

"Tyler," she breathes out.

I thought she didn't remember me.

"I do remember you. I'm so, so sorry. Lex thought it would be funny to play a joke on you. She said you were worried about me. She thought that a joke would make you smile. The smile she knows I love so much."

WHAT THE HELL?

"Elena! What the hell? I was worried sick! I cried for you. I thought I lost you." I scold her, not making eye contact with her.

"Oh, Tyler, that will never happen. You will never lose me. I'm right here. I'll always be here for you."

I smile; she did hear what I said to her. How can I stay mad at her? She's safe and back in my arms. I didn't lose her forever. She does remember everything we had. That's all that matters.

My arms wrap around her into a hug. I hold her tight. There's no way I'm letting her go ever again.

"Cutie, don't you ever scare me like that again. Promise?" I hold my pinkie out to her.

"I promise," she says, wrapping our pinkies together.

The door opens and her parents stand in the door frame. I decide to give them some space. Hopefully, she doesn't do the same thing to them. That would be terrible.

Now, where's Lex? I am going to kill her. That was so not funny.

~*~

Elena's POV

I feel so bad for what I did to Tyler. He's so sweet to me. The doctor said I should stay in the hospital one more night so that they can monitor me. When Jess accidently hit me in the head, I got a mild concussion. The fall in the cafeteria made it worse. I'm lucky to not be in a coma.

Since I've been sleeping the whole day, I'm not really tired. I decide to check all my social media accounts. There are a lot of "get well soon" messages sent to me. I also got a long apology text from Jess. It wasn't her fault; I don't blame her.

I decide to text Tyler because I have nothing else to do and I still feel really bad for scaring him half to death.

Elena: Hey, Tyler. I can't stop apologizing for what I did. I'm so sorry. Forgive me?

Tyler: Of course. How could I stay mad at you, Cutie? You came back to me.

Elena: Well, I'm not going anywhere :)

Tyler: I'm glad you're okay, Cutie. Now, sleep so I can see you at school tomorrow. I have to keep an eye on you from now on. ;)

Elena: I guess that wouldn't be so bad, would it?

Tyler: Goodnight, Elena.

Elena: Goodnight, Tyler.

~*~

A/N: She didn't lose her memory, so don't get mad at me! Haha. This chapter was so much fun to write, I hope you guys loved it, just as much as I did! Thanks for reading! Love you guys so much! <3