Chapter 39 ~ Dress Shopping

Elena's POV

Today I was going prom dress shopping with Jess and Lex. "I'm so excited!" Lex screamed in the car.

"Woah, calm yourself." Jess snapped. "You're going to make the driver run over someone if you do that again." she said, referring to herself.

"Okay, sorry." she whispered this time.

"We're here!" Lex shouted once she saw the store.

"Damn it, Lex!" Jess scolded her.

My laughs were silent, because I didn't want to get yelled at too. Jess' lectures are actually very frightening. "Do you know what color you want?" Jess asked me.

"Royal blue." I answered confidently.

"Well, let's go look then!" Lex grabbed my arm and dragged me into the store.

"Welcome. May I help you?" a lady greeted, as we walked through the door, the bells chiming.

"Hi! We're shopping for prom dresses!" Lex once again, shouted.

"Well," the lady giggled. "do you know what color you girls want?" she continued.

"Royal blue." I answered her.

The lady showed us to where all the blue dresses were located. They had so many selections to choose from! Sweetheart, strapless, one shoulder, a-line, mermaid, ball gown, everything I could possibly imagine, and more!

I chose a few dresses from the section, and went to go try them on. "Come out!" Lex yelled. Jeez, did someone give her sugar or coffee before we left? How does she have so much energy?

I was wearing a strapless dress with rhinestone detailing going down to my belly button. The ends of the dress was flowy and reached all the way down to my toes. I made a face in the mirror. This was definitely not the dress. I stepped out of the dressing room for the girls to see.

"No! Go back in there and change." Jess snapped. I started laughing with Lex at Jess' harsh words. What if I actually liked this dress? What am I saying? This was a definite no.

The next dress I tried on, was a highlow, with ruffles underneath. I hate ruffles. They itch! I know, they're supposed to make the dress pretty and puffy, but no. There's no way, I'm wearing this the whole night. I decided to not show Jess and Lex this one, because this was worse than the first one. How did this end up in the pile anyway?

"Elena! Try this one on!" Lex knocked on my dressing room door. She was holding a strapless glittery dress, that had rhinestones all on the bust, making a V shape down my stomach. I took the dress from her, and closed the door. My head tilted in the mirror, looking at myself thoroughly. I twirled around to see the back. I don't know.

I stepped out of the dressing room for what felt like the fiftieth time today, losing hope. "You look great!" Lex exclaimed. "But I think we could do better." she finished.

"I agree." I answered her. Maybe we should just leave.

My head hung low, as I went back into the fitting room. I grabbed the last dress hanging on the wall, of the ones I had chosen. Stepping into the dress I felt very confident. The dress was blue and sparkly all over. There was a slit on my right thigh, revealing the right amount of skin. I turned around to see the back detail. It criss crossed all over my back, in the same amount of sparkle as the dress.

This dress made me feel beautiful. This was definitely the one. I had to get this, no matter what. I stepped out with a big smile on my face, to show my two impatient best friends.

"Elena!" Jess said.

"You look gorgeous! Amazing!" Lex commented.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"Tyler's going to be all over you in that dress." Lex said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh stop it!" I gave her a little shove.

The lady gave me a big smile. "I'll take it!" I told her.

---

A/N: Hey guys! Prom is well on it's way! What did you think? Did you like the dress? I love it! Elena is going to look so gorgeous. How do you think Tyler is going to react?

IMPORTANT Announcement:

The @thefictionawards is hosting a contest and nominations started already!

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I am thankful to have you guys as readers :) You guys never fail to bring a smile to my face every time I see a vote or comment on my stories. It brings me joy to read your comments and see how much of an impact my words can be to you guys.

So let's try and promote my books to help others just like if they have helped you :) The main categories I want to aim for is Best of the Undiscovered. Tell your friends to vote too! You can only vote on the app so download it if you don't already have it! You can vote more than once! So let's try to make my dreams come true :)

P.S: You can't nominate the same book for different categories so choose which one you want to nominate for each. But you can nominate me as a user for the user categories if you would like :)

Voting ends July 29 (11:59 pm)

Thank you my lovelies! I love you <3 

Teaser: Something you guys are not going to like is going to happen in Chapter 44...