I didn't even notice that he had crept up behind me before he whispered in my ear. Well I don't think the ear thing was intentional, he was just really close. And I'm very short.

"I'm glad we're talking again,"

Silence.

I glance at my bare feet and wiggle my toes around. I sigh as I sit on the edge of the bed grabbing my brand new red heels. Diego really didn't know any limits when it came to buying clothes.

And that's when my Cinderella moment happened.

Diego knelt down and took one from me. I was too speechless to even snatch it back. He gently slides my foot into the shoe, and fastens the buckle. He takes the other and repeats the process. I was still blinking furiously when he finished and offered his hand.

"I-I can use my hands y-you know," I stutter and he smirks.

"I know Letta,"

Okay, don't get me wrong deep down I was still fairly angry with him for getting down and dirty with that other girl. I mean it broke my heart which was as good a reason to be angry as any.

But that didn't mean my heart didn't do flips whenever his nickname for me rolled of his tongue. There was something about this silky voice that just made the name sound way better than it actually did.

And I hate him for it.

The drive to the hall was silent, but they almost always were. If I look back on my three months shared with Diego I don't think we've ever really had a lively conversation in the car. Perhaps I should talk to Francesca about this—car silence and what it meant for a relationship?

"The car will be here ready to leave whenever you are," Greg informs us from the front.

"Thank you Greg," Diego says.

He gestures for me to get out, and carefully with my dress in hand I step out. I look around and see many other couples walking out, gorgeous women and handsome men. Every single woman was adorned in a magnificent and probably expensive gown, and every man was dressed in crisp suits.

Diego gently places his hand on the small of my back. I jump a little because of the sudden contact, his warm hands against my cold back. We start walking towards the door. I was pretty sure that you actually had to say your name to the guard but he took one look at Diego at let him in.

I wonder when I'll have that affect on people.

I smile at the man, startled, he sends a smile back. Diego looks around before he finally finds the person he's looking for. A waitress walks past and I hurriedly grab two long and thin champagne glasses.

"Here," I hand it to him.

He murmurs his appreciation before downing all of it at once. He lets out a more relaxed breath and pushes me to somebody. He wasn't the tallest of people, I'll tell you that. He had short cropped black hair, but he did look quite muscular. He immediately greeted us with a wide smile spreading across his cute face.

"Diego!" He exclaims, "you're here! And with such a lovely date,"

"No I'm a fucking ghost," Diego mutters under his breath and I snort, which puts a small smile on his face.