Chapter 32

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

          My heart was racing like a broken record that wouldn’t stop and my hands were sweaty. I never expected this to happen and wanted to somehow stop it. This is permanent.

          “Of course, sweetheart. You mean the world to me.” He smiled, grabbing my hand and bringing me into a sideways hug. The tattoo artist looked up at us and then went back to whatever he did to prepare for the real thing.

          I didn’t want Blake to do this. My name on his chest will be forever there and if something happens, he can’t make it go away. I feel bad, really bad, but he’s convinced that it’s the best birthday present I could give him.

          “Blake, this is permanent.” I tried once more. I would tattoo his name in a heartbeat if I wasn’t scared of needles, but it still feels weird.

          “So you keep saying.”

          “Are you absolutely positive you want to do this? I can get you something else.”

          He laughed and kissed a spot on my cheek, keeping it there longer than necessary. “No, this is perfect. But you’re not paying.”

          “Blake! I said I would pay for whatever you wanted to do today!” I argued, crossing my arms and leaning against his right side. We were having a great day until he decided to get a tattoo, which I didn’t mind, until I realized it was my name with a wicked heart around it.

          “Shh, sweatheart. He already started.”

          I listened to the buzzing of the needle and cringed, not understanding how he could stand the pain. He didn’t seem to be in the slightest pain, but he could be hiding it, which I doubt.

          “I love you, Blake.”

          He peered over at me and patted the seat beside him on the table, pulling me as I struggled to get up. “Come here, Shortie.”

          I sat beside him and he looped one arm around my waist, kissing down my neck until he reached my collarbone. “I love you so f*cking much, sweetheart.”

          “No cursing.” I chastised, frowning up at him as he smirked, looking over at the tattoo artist.

          “My girl over here is an artist, too.” He told him. “You hiring?”

          “Blake!” I exclaimed again, looking up at him with pleading eyes. “I am not an artist and I could never cause someone physical pain.”

          “Do I look like I’m in pain?” he retorted, smiling and pecking me on the lips. “Relax, sweetheart, you’re worrying me.”

          “What? You’re worrying me.”

          He sighed and pulled me off the table, standing me in front of him and using his one arm to grab my hip. I looked up at him and smiled as he leaned down, kissing me as deeply as possible. I kissed him back, just like we’ve practiced over the last few weeks and put one hand on his chest where the tattoo wasn’t going.

          He ran his hand through my curls and began kissing my neck, his canines grazing my skin.  He hasn’t marked me yet, but tonight I plan on giving him the best present of all. Or at least I hoped.

          “Relax.”

          I nodded my head and closed my eyes and as he continued kissing me, sending pleasure throughout my body. Part of me couldn’t wait for tonight, from what Chloe told me it would feel like, but the other part of me was still scared to death of how I might react during it.