Prologue

Beautiful cover by lonelyxzee

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ i just want to warn you guys that this book was written like 7 years ago when i was a MINOR 🤩🤩🤩🤩 so that will explain lack of smut and all the cringe parts

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
i just want to warn you guys that this book was written like 7 years ago when i was a MINOR 🤩🤩🤩🤩 so that will explain lack of smut and all the cringe parts. i'll edit it someday, or just straight up rewrite it. idk when. lolz.

If you're still here after all that, let's begin! 😼😼

HARLOW

"Are you excited? We're about to land." My cousin nudged my arm with his elbow and asked.

For the millionth time.

I was on a plane with my cousin going to LA, from New York. I desperately needed to get out of New York. Things happened. Things I want to leave behind.

"Yes, Eli, yes! I'm excited! Jeez. You seem more excited to go to your house than I do." I sighed trying to sound irritated but couldn't stop the smile forming on my naturally pink lips.

I rubbed my fingers together, already feeling the hunger of the deathly and dangerous object. The object that had became a familiar feeling to me since that one night when I was 15. A gun. It was his fault I felt like this. His fault I couldn't go more than a week without catching the habit of rubbing my thumb against the side of my forefinger, if I didn't get the weapon in my hands.

He's the reason I have to leave New York. Don't get me long, I've loved my assassin days when they were to rid evil, but I didn't like working with evil either. The devil himself.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Eli who unconsciously nudged my side. Suddenly a memory, the reason I'm with Eli, came flooding back to me. I scowled at the memory, yet I was satisfied with it.

If you can get your act and responsibilities together, then we'll let you stay with your cousin in LA. If you can't, and I highly doubt you can, then you will have to come back and live under my roof with my rules and do as you are told. I'll send Annalise to check on you in two months. If you are doing horribly, you will come back.

Remember your little promise, Harlow.

That's what my mother said. I like to think of her as 'The Wicked Bïtch of the West'.

And I regret making that promise. The promise to not move out or separate myself from my parents, more so my mother, until I'm 21. I made that promise, like, three years ago. I was stupid, in love, and guilty for not spending time with my family. But then again, you can't be an assassin without devoting yourself full time to the job.