The Investigation Begins

Everyone sat in the sitting room after Annie's little outburst. She was napping on the couch, her head laying on Ciel's lap. She snored lightly and smiled as Ciel's fingers stroked her hair. I smiled at her and looked out the window.

Winter was ending and the warmth of Spring was reappearing after a long-awaited coming. I looked outside the window with a look of longing upon my pale face. I felt the cool wind beat up against my skin and crawl up my dress like ribbons and tiny fingers.

And I welcomed its feel.

I longed to be outside. I longed to be doing something other than sit around the house and be useless all day. 

"Hey, Ciel?" I asked, turning to him. He shot his eyes from sleeping Annie to me.

"What?" He whispered.

"Do you think I could go and run some errands for you? Getting groceries, paying bills, retrieving something you ordered, ANYTHING!?" I questioned. He simply chuckled.

"Eager to get out of the house, eh? Well, yes, I do have to go do something today, but it requires me to be there. Would you and Ann like to come along?" He stated.

"I don't know about Annie, but, I'm up for it! But, what exactly are we doing?" I continued.

"Investigating."

"Investigating?"

 "Yes, investigating. it seems that the murders have yet to stop, but only slowed down." He explained. He looked back down at Annie and shook her lightly. "Ann? Wake up." He whispered.

"Hm??" She murmured, opening her eyes slowly. "Oh, morning..." She slurred.

"Morning. Do you want to go to a crime scene with us today?" He asked softly.

It still amazes me on how she change's his attitude.

Annie's eyes turned from having a lazy expression in them into a happy and eager one. She sat up, exuberant but ever-so-slowly. She nodded and smiled to Ciel.

"Oh yes please!" She rasped. Ciel nodded and kissed the top of her forehead, making her porcelain face turn a shade of pink. She smiled wider and Ciel even let out a tiny one. 

"W-Well, lets get going." I interrupted. The turned they're gaze to me and nodded.

"Of course. Sebastian? Lets go. Grell, you can either tag along or take a nap here." Ciel pointed out.

Annie stood up and walked over to me. She tugged on my dress with her hand and whispered. "Sissy?" She began.

"What is it?" I asked, looking down at her.

"Grell won't hurt me, will he?" She questioned.

"He better not." Ciel put in.

I simply chuckled. "No, no. Not in a million years." I answered, ruffling her hair.

She smiled and nodded, grabbing Ciel's hand and running out. "C'MON!!! LETS GO!" She squealed.

I chuckled and walked after the two with Sebastian and Grell following behind me.