Annie's Unusual Attitude

I turned away from the flames, a malicious look upon my face. I waltzed into the eating room and sat myself in the usual seat. Ciel nodded to me and looked over to Sebastian, who was bringing in the food.

"Where's Ann?" Ciel asked Sebastian as he poured the tea. I looked around for her, only then noticing she wasn't there.

"Sleeping, Young Master. I tried to wake her, but she wouldn't get up." He answered. Ciel huffed and stood up, walking out of the room. "Where are you going?"

"I'll wake her." He replied simply. I shot him a confused look.

I think its cute and all that they like each other... I thought. But its kind of creepy having him always by her side. Obsessive, really...

I simply shrugged  off the thought and smiled.

She's fourteen! She's old enough to do as she pleases.

I nodded at Sebastian as he poured tea into my cup. "Thank you." I whispered. He nodded with a smile on his face. He handed me a plate that was stacked like a mountain full of delicious food that made water run from my mouth.

I ate as I continued to wait for Ciel and Annie to reappear. Minutes went buy in silence, until finally, Annie appeared from around the corridor, Ciel following close behind.

Bags hung from her eyes lower than they ever had. Wrinkles and crow's feet were appearing on her face. A smile was not worn on her face that day, but a frown.

"Morning, Annie. You were asleep for quite a long time. You okay?" I asked.

Her eyes widened and she froze in her spot. "Wh-What makes you believe that I-I'm not okay?!" She stammered.

I looked at her with a confused look on my face. "I-I'm just asking you. Geez..." I answered.

"Well then you know what? Bite me!" She barked, plopping into her chair. I stared at her with a surprised expression on my face. She stared at her food, twidling with it with her fork. Ciel looked at her with the same expression as I did. She looked up at him and frowned. "WHAT?!" She barked. "Stop staring at me!"

"Sorry, Ann." Ciel answered, rubbing her hand with his thumb. She slapped it away and looked bac down.

"Stop it, now." She ordered. Ciel simply nodded and began to eat his meal.

When everyone had finished, Annie dismissed herself and ran back upstairs. I looked over at Ciel, wondering if he was thinking the same thing I was.

"Did she seem a bit, um, 'out of sorts' to you?" I asked him.

"Oh, yes. I wonder why..." He whispered, rubbing his chin. We thought for a moment together, and when we came up with nothing, we simply left the table and went off to think on our own.

But I don't think either of us had any luck with that, either.