A Night in the Woods

Silence brushed over us, all of shocked to know that the murderer is younger than I was. The curiosity was indeed strange, yet, interesting.

There was a thrill of it all, tingling through my veins; the thrill of mystery. The thrill of the hunt! I was giddy to get back up on my horse and gallop to where this murderer would be, though I knew it would be dangerous.

It was a hunger for adventure.

"Well? Can you tell us anything else about the killer?" I asked, smiling a very engaged smile.

"Sorry, but no." Grell answered. The moon had risen high, far above our dainty little heads. We all began to stare at one another, our eyes fixed on the person in front of us.

"Well, Master, it seems that midnight has passed. Its close to dawn, so we should just stay here and sleep for the night." Sebastian suggested.

"YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT I'M GOING TO SLEEP ON THE DIRTY GROUND?!" Ciel howled at him, shaking his fist and hissing. Sebastiaan nodded, a smile appearing on his face.

"Of course, Master! I'm sure nothing out here would harm us." He answered. "Besides, if anything appeared with that ability, I would deal with it very quickly."

"Even a bear? With your bare hands?" I asked, my voice full of uncertainty.

"Why, yes, my dear." He replied.

"You sure do have a lot of confidence for being only a butler..." I murmered under my breath.

"I believe you are mistaken, Young Mistress. It seems that I simply am one hell of a butler." He corrected, a smile upon his usually-blank face.

Ciel rolled his eyes. "There you go again with your famous saying... Fine. We can sleep here, but ONLY for tonight."

I clasped my hands together, placing them close to my chilled face and smiled. "Oh this is going to be fun! It'll be like camping when I was little!" I squeaked. "Only there's no tent, nor is there any blankets, which is fine by me!" Ciel tisked, walking over to one side of the clearing. He layed down, facing away from the rest of us.

"We'll sleep on the sides in pairs. Sebastian you're on my side, to protect me, alright?" Ciel whispered.

"You would want our guest be hurt before yourself?" Sebastian pointed out.

"No. Thats why she gets Grell." He answered. Grell shot up, putting his hands together and spinning around like an insane fangirl.

"I second Ciel's motion~!" He howled in excitement. My face turned bright red as I scooched over to my side of the clearing, lying down and cuddling myself to keep myself warm.

"What'll he do?" Sebastian questioned.

"I CAN DO ALOT, THANK YOU!" Grell howled in dissaproval.

"Isn't he a reaper? Can't he put down anything?" Ciel pointed out.

Reaper?

What's that?

"Ah~, I see now." Sebastian ansered, sitting down beside Ciel.

"Um, would any of you like to tell me what a reaper is?" I asked.

"It'll take too long to explain. I'll tell you in the morning." Sebastian hissed. I nodded, closing my eyes as I felt a slender body slide up beside me and wrap me in a warm coat.

"Sleep well, darling." Grell whispered in my ear. I nodded, my face blood-red as his soft and tender lips touched my cheek, sparking something up on my skin. He chuckled, smiling a very toothy smile. "A lovely red face to match your lovely red dress. I like it."

"Th-Thanks... Goodnight, Grell. Sweet dreams." I spoke, drifting off into my inner thoughts and entering my dark land of dreams, filled with dakrness and heartless stains of old memories that couldn't escape my mind.

No matter how hard I tried to forget them...

They always seemed to come back.