Ciel's Proposal

Thankfully, breakfast was a bit more entertaining than the dinner from the night before. Ceil and Sebastian allowed Finny, Mei-Ryn, and Baldroy to eat with us this time, which livened up the mood a bit. Finny as well as Baldroy gobbled theirs down, while Mei-Ryn tried to be lady-like and eat hers slowly. Annie tried he best not to stare at Ciel, though it was obvious that she foun it rather hard.

While small chit-chat between the people at the table went on, Ceil and I only ate and listened in on the conversations, that is, until Sebastian re-entered the room.

"What is it now, Sebastian?" Ciel whined. Sebastian only handed him a letter with an unmistakable stamp holding the envelope closed. Ciel smiled, opening it and beginnning to read. He sipped his tea and nodded as he finished up.

"What shall we do about it, Master?" Sebastian inquired.

"Investigate. Ask questions. Same as usual until we have everything in our grasp." Ciel answered." I noticed that these crimes have been happening awfully close to here. Have any of you seen anything interesting or odd lately?''

''No, Master!" Mei-Ryn answered.

"Nope." Baldroy replied.

"No sir, Master Ciel!" Finny exclaimed.

"I haven't." Annie stated.

"Odd." Ciel whispered, thinking hard. "What about you, Riley?"

"Well, yes I have seen something. Yesterday I was looking around and I someone hop into the trees." I exclaimed. "It was fast, and I didn't get a look at his face."

"Then how do you know it was a person?" Sebastian asked.

"Nothing wears a red woman's overcoat and has long, blood-red hair." I answered.

"Sounds a bit familiar..." Ciel muttered. "Sebastian, do you think we should go check up on our good friend Grell?" He stated, sarcastically.

Grell?

"Should we take our guests with us?" Sebastian suggested.

"Well, Annie is quite young. I think Riley could tell us if we have the right person... I see no harm in letting Riley come. I think Annie should stay behind. I wouldn't want he getting hurt." Ciel answered. "But, its up to Riley."

"I would love to come. As long as one of your servantts could keep her company, teach her some valuable skills or something." I requested.

"No problem." Sebastian informed. "We will be leaving at noon." He turned away, and walked away.

"But Riley! I want to come too!" Annie whined.

"I don't want you getting hurt, Annie." I answered.

"What if you get hurt?!" She asked.

"I'll be fine!" I stated again.

She frowned. "B-But-"

I pulled her over to me and lowered my voice to a whisper. "Wouldn't want Ciel thinking you're a whiner, now, would we?" She shook her head immediatly and I let go of her hand, chuckling and smirking as we finished out meal in silence.