"Why can't I just sleep it off in your room?"He questioned.

My mouth twitched with the urge to say something smart but I resisted.

"I want you to go home and sleep it off. You're drunk and it's making you upset." Bethany said calmly. "We can talk after you calm down."

He took a step towards her and she took a cautious step back.

"Is it cause he's here that you want me to leave?" He asked in a lowered voice.

"No...of course not." Bethany whispered to him. "I want what's best for you Nate. You know I don't want to fight with you."

He reached for her hand and she let him take it.

"I don't wanna fight with you either." He weaved his fingers between hers. "I hate arguing."

I could barely contain my eyes from rolling to the ceiling.

Corny.

"I know." She mumbled as he kissed the back of her hand and said something to her.

She blushed.

I done had enough of this...

I cleared my throat loudly and she pulled her gaze from Nathan to me.

"Oh...um, August. I forgot you were standing there."

"I bet ya did." I replied dryly.

A whine canes from the crib and the three of us look at Angel.

Bethany immediately picked her up when her cries got louder and started to rock her in her arms.

Nathan mumbles something to Bethany about letting us talk and that he'd be asleep in her room.

She started to argue but closed her mouth and nodded.

He walked past me and out the door without a glance in my direction.

Yeah, you better leave.

I step further into the room but still not within arms length of Bethany.

We both stayed silent, the only sound in the room being Angel cooing.

I stared at her and immediately noticed the ways she resembled her mom.

"You can hold her if you want." Bethany said softly.

I exhaled and urged myself to step towards her.

I held my arms out for Angel and Bethany gently handed her to me.

I make sure to support her head and cradled her to me.

She whined at first when she realizes that I wasn't her mom but then she calmed down and stared up at me.

I looked down into her brown eyes, practically identical to mine.

"You don't have to be nervous. Go ahead, talk to her. " She encouraged.

I opened my mouth but nothing comes out.

I cleared my throat and tried again, but got the same result.

I looked at Bethany and half-shrugged.

"I don't...I don't know what to say to her. Maybe this was a bad idea..." I tried to hand Angel back to her but she stepped away from me.

"Nope." She shook her head. "You can do it August. Just say hi. Introduce yourself."

I exhaled heavily before focusing back on the baby girl in my arms.

My baby girl.

"Hi, Angel." I said to her.

She continued staring at me and started sucking on her fingers.

So far so good.

"Wow, you're gorgeous." I whispered. "Unlike ya mama. I guess you got the looks from me."

Bethany scoffed and I laughed.

Angel giggled and grinned, revealing the dimple in her left cheek and two little teeth on the bottom row of her mouth.

"Aye, you got tha dimple jus like ya daddy."I grinned.

I wiped away the little bit of slobber that slipped from her mouth with a bib but she grabbed one of my fingers with her little hand.

I smiled and she smiled back up at me, followed by another giggle.

I could get used to this adorable giggle.

I looked up at Bethany and see her wiping at her eyes.

"N-nothing." She shook her head. "It's just...I've dreamt about this moment for so long, and now..."

She began sobbing.

Aw hell.

I helped her sit down on the loveseat she had in the nursery and sat on the cushion beside her.

I wrapped one arm around her while making sure the other was securing Angel.

"Shhh, B it's okay. Whatchu cryin fa?"

"I-I'm just s-so happy." She cried.

"I ain't neva seen nobody cry this hard and this damn ugly when they happy." She slapped my arm and I chuckled. "Well, I'm glad I could make you happy for once."

She grabbed a tissue and wiped her face then looked up at me.

"It's not like our entire past was just negative Aug." She sniffed then smiled softly. "We have some pretty good memories too."

Yeah right.

I looked back down at Angel who's starting to fall asleep so I rocked her in my arms.

"I'm sure the bad memories outweighed the good ones." I mumbled under my breath.

"That may be true," She agreed. "But look what came from one of our bad memories."

She reached over and caressed Angel's head, who didn't feel a thing because she's completely asleep, snoring softly.

"I told you she'd love you." Bethany said with a smile as we both looked at Angel.

"Thank you." I said suddenly.

She raised an eyebrow.

"For?"

"For givin me chance after chance no matta how many times I fucked up. For lovin me through my bullshit. For my beautiful baby girl," I leaned down and planted a kiss on Angel's forehead. "And for allowin me to be in her life. I'm not goin no where, okay B? This time, I swear. Ima be here for both of my girls."

"Thank you for wanting to be in her life." She replied. "And you're welcome."

I pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head.

"I luh you girl." I mumble into her hair. "Even if you with that Planet of The Apes lookin nigga."

She laughed into my chest.

Happy New Years Eve!!

Aug finally got to meet and hold his babygirl!

How sweet....

Now time for the drama😈😈(Evil laugh)

•What is going on with Nathan?

•Was he wrong for the way he talked to Bethany?

•How do you feel about August stepping up to father Angel? Will it last?

•Any thoughts on August and Bethany?

Keep reading/voting/commenting!

~•Dana•~