9

To: Hazel 3:24 AM
Going home from the hospital this afternoon

From: Hazel 3:25 AM
YOIRE IN THE HOSPITAL?!!! FOR YOUR LEG?

From: Hazel 3:25 AM
*you're

To: Hazel 3:26 AM
Yeah

Had Nico really forgotten to tell her he was actually in the hospital? Apparently so.

From: Hazel 3:28 AM
How are you getting home?

To: Hazel 3:29 AM
Connor is coming with me

From: Hazel 3:29 AM
Oh.

Wait, 3:29? Why was he awake at 3:29? Being in the hospital had messed time all up.

"Nico!"
"Connor!"
Connor rushed forward and hugged Nico, causing the taller, black-haired boy to sway back and forth.
"Woah, woah," Nico laughed. "Yours may be a prop, but my crutches are real."
"Right," Connor said. "I'll start calling you Crutchie."
"Okay, Dave."
Both actors laughed.
"Mr. di Angelo," a nurse said, coming around the corner. Nico and Connor were standing in the waiting room. "I just need you to sign here and then you're free to go," she said shortly, holding a clipboard and pen out to him.
Nico took the pen and Connor took the clipboard, holding it out for Nico to sign.
They handed the nurse's things back to her, and she said, "You can go. Your next appointment-"
"Yeah, I got it," Nico informed her.
"Okay."
She turned around and left.
"Wow. Rude," Connor commented.
"I miss Will. He was a good nurse."
"Mm-hm. That's why," Connor said, raising an eyebrow at Nico, who just laughed.
"He gave me his number."
"WHAT?" Connor screeched. "Can't wait to tell Percy."
Nico laughed again. "Well, help me outside right now. You can call Percy and fanboy in the cab."
"Good plan," Connor said promptly.
He put an arm on Nico's back and they slowly walked towards the door.
"These things are a lot harder to use in real life," Nico muttered once they were out the door.
"It took me forever to figure out how to even use the prop," Connor laughed. "Oh!" He raised an arm and then said, "there. Let's go."
He led Nico to a car and they (slowly) climbed in. Nico told the driver the address, and before he was even finished, Connor had Percy on the phone.