Chapter 26: Finally She's Here

Start from the beginning

"Who was that? Tell me honestly." She asked again.

A chuckle left me but it was strained with anger. "You know what's funny? He was looking for...Andrea."

Her sharp intake of breath was enough to let me know that she understood. "No way! It's...her!"

I nodded. Just then the door opened for Kara, Myra, Reece, and Reed to enter. I sent Chris to sleep a long time ago. He refused to leave my side for a second and apologized for the date. But I made him believe that I was alright and he should take rest.

Apparently, my kidnapper sent messages to him that he had me. So Chris called Alex and she sent notice to all of them including my brother who DIDN'T come. I so wanted to tell Chris. I trusted him with my secrets but it meant giving him a danger. And I didn't want any harm to come to him just because he's dating me. They might already know about it all.

"He didn't say anything other than riddles. They're coming. Danger...blah blah blah." Reed sighed. Reece glared at nothing then looked at me, "Are you gonna tell us what really happened, Cuz?″ Guess they didn't put two and two together yet.

"Guys...he was asking for Andrea," Alex spoke out.

They all looked shocked.

"What!?"

♡♡♡

Morning light blurred from the window and I closed my eyes shut. Last night Max and his precious girlfriend came home late at night completely drunk. I'm not even sure if he remembers what today is. I looked at the clock and jumped from my bed. It's still 7 but if I want to go early, now's the time to start getting ready.

I needed to take my mind off everything. Usually, I could just take a motorcycle ride and meet up with Rory or the twins, but this time it was different. After getting ready in a black mid length dress and putting my hair in a bun, I opened my door to see Alex was about to knock.

Giving me a sheepish smile she put on her pumps. She's also in a black dress shirt and in a high pony. Together we walked downstairs to see Max and Chris were waiting for us. Chris decided to follow me to our family plot where my parents are lying.

Today was their death anniversary as well as Alex's parents. I looked at Max when he opened the car door for me. We still didn't talk after our last argument and I wanted some kind of assurance from him. I wanted that brotherly hug that I missed so badly. These days he put a lot of distance and just stays with Penny. Alex put on her seat belt and glared at the head of my brother.

"You Ok?″ I asked when the car started running. Uncle John was joining us in the cemetery.

"Max didn't even remember today is our parent's death anniversary. You know we had an argument today, I caught them making out on the couch when he should be ready to go. I yelled at him and he called me names." I was shocked at her words. Max wasn't like this, ever.

Giving me a pitiful smile, she looked out of the car. "I don't think I can live with you guys anymore."

"What?″ I jumped and Chris looked at me concerned. I smiled at him and turned my head to Alex.

Her voice was almost a whisper making me want to kill my twin for his stupidity. "He has never insulted me like this in the years I've known him. I can't see his face after the things he has said. Every time I look at him, only the hurtful words keep replaying in my head like a broken radio. Just for today, I'm making an exception. So I decided that it's better if I just went back to your house. It's still empty and I'll manage."

I glared at Max. How could he!? He knows Alex has been always with us. In our bad times, she's been the friend no one can even think of. She helped us from spiraling into depression. So now why?

"We're here," Max mumbled and killed the engine. We all stepped from the car and waited for Uncle to come. Then I noticed a lone figure in the plot near the graves. Is that a thief?

"Guys, give me a second. I think someone's inside." At my words, they all looked at the grave and the figure was still there.

"We should take a look at this. Come on, Pax." Alex started to walk carefully and we all followed her. Suddenly She stopped abruptly and took in a breath. I looked at the figure now that we were close and I froze.

Are you fucking kidding me!?

The long blonde hair and jumpsuit were familiar and I had an urge to run back the way I came. Max also looked baffled. The lone figure was the person I was running for two years.

Andrea Rivera Helix.

My older sister.

Unknown POV

##PaxtonBitch

##PaxtonBitch

We are delighted to tell you that Paxton Rivera was rumored to get kidnapped in the middle of her date with Chris. Now we would be happy if we could share photos but unfortunately, we couldn't get one. We'll be back soon with more update. 

Until then-

XOXO.