Chapter 20: The Proposal

October 2015

"See you in the morning, Neil.."

I turned back to my colleague and yelled back before I jumped on my bike to head home..

So much things had changed for me lately. I had finished my training in dad's office and I was now working as normal employee in his office...like Sid, I too started by this..

As I rode back towards home, I couldn't help but to think about how much my life changed up to this point. My family was being rather secretive lately. I kept asking and asking , but they kept changing the topic. The funny thing was that started a few months back after Arjun and Radhika went on that small trip.it was the trip that they would never talked to me.

"That was so sweet of him..i wish Sid would do such kinda sweet and romantic things for me...." Sighed Nandini.

"she got lucky to get that guy...this is for sure...." Agreed my mother...

I was really confused so I stood back in the doorway and continued to listen to what they were talking about..

" She also told me that he is going to be taking her to see some play in New york.... I think New York city Theatre...she said that it was one of the famous thetre..."exclaimed radhika

"That Armaan Arora is something yarr..he appeared to be like some hero in Romantic Film...." Said nandini

Armaan Arora? NewYork?? that meant they were talking about....SAM!!

I looked down at my hands and they were shacking...I tried to calm myself down and get myself together..maybe Armaan and Sam were friends and he was just hanging out with her as friends...she wouldn't date someone like Armaan...She was too good for him, he wasn't the type of guy that I could see for my best friend.

She deserved someone that knew her heart and soul and would make heaven upside down just to make her eyes sparkles or her lips curve up into that innocent smile of hers. She would want someone that would laugh with her and understand her intense fascination for books and let her talk about them..Armaan couldn't do that..i was sure of that..

"She won't really tell me anything..nothing spicy atleast...I got that after seeing her swollen lips when she came back from her first date with Armaan.. ...I bet his kisses make her melt...."

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THREE TALKING ABOUT??"

I couldn't take it anymore.the thought of that pathetic creature kissing Sam caused something to snap inside my head. I couldn't stand in shadow and hear them talking about Sam like that..

The three of them turned to look at me. My Mom and Radz looked as if they were caught doing something wrong , Nandini on the other hand had a smug smile on her face

"I guess the secret is out now...Sam is in relationship with Armaan..." stated Nandini, her voice full venom.

My eyes must have shown that how much shocked I was because her smile became wider. The expression of my mom and radz was full of sadness.

"No..she wouldn't date someone like him..he is a pathetic looser...."

"That pathetic looser has been dating her since May and from what I heard , he makes her feel all kind of things..."Nandini sneered

"Nandini that is enough.." stated my mom " Neil..just calm down..."

I turned out to look at my mother, she was annoyed..what I did now? I was just freaked out when I heard Armaan dating Sam