Chapter 1 : Memories of Friendship!!

Dedicated to Shreemayi

Four year back

September 2012

Sam POV:

"Sam, Get out of bed. You're going to be late"

Groaning, I rolled over my bed and showed my head deep into the pillow. Piyali Khanna was just too perky in the mornings. Sometimes, I wondered if she didn't pick up the wrong baby at the hospital to take home because we were nothing alike. After pulling back my blanket around my head and settled myself to go back to sleep again. I felt the cover ripping off from my body and I jerked up around to found my mom holding blankets and grinning.

" GET UP"

I glanced at alarm clock to read its 5.30 am.Snatching back my blanket I rolled on bed again. Again, my blanket got pulled back by her and this time she hides it. I rolled my eyes.

" Mom...its too early...." I groaned " Let me sleep...."

My mother's tone said it all " You shouldn't have let Neil broke your scooty then. Now you have to depend on him to getting college. Get in shower. He will be here early you know."

Watching her leaving my room, I wondered how come she is my mom. I picked up my spectacles that were lying beside my bed,put them on, and climbed out of the bed. I almost stumbled on the ground while walking towards washroom, though it was not new for me. I am not a morning person at first place. I need few hours to get up from my sleep at morning...

After grabbing my toiletries and went into bathroom, shut the door behind me. I was internally grumbling at Neil. Mom was right. I shouldn't have let him broke my scooty, now it at his house,in his personal garage besides his car being fixed. He wanted to try off road driving with my scooty and pulling that stunt he broke the all working part of my scooty. Sometimes I really hated him.

It's times when he does these kinds of things that I questioned my sanity about being his best friend. Neil Malhotra is not a typical guy..Most of the people don't understand him for doing weird things. However, we are friends from our childhood since I moved to Goa all those years ago. Sometimes I looked back to those it felt like almost its yesterday when it happened.

"Mom, I don't want to go to the school here. I'm going to miss Sara and Maggie.I can't go to the school without them"

I remember my mom taking my hand and leading me to the Mother Merry Public School and into Principal's room.

She leaned to whisper into my ears "You will be fine, Sam. Kids moved to the different schools..you will get new friends here..."

After what I felt like forever, Mom along with principal lead me down the hallway passing classrooms and stopped at the door which had Big three written....reads Third grade....Meeting my eyes, she realize I was terrified.

Wrapping her arm around me she gave me sense of security, but I knew she was not going to stay here long with me for forever..She smiled at me and kneeled down to match my height " Sam, relax baby..you will like this place and soon you will get new friends here like back in Mumbai..."She kissed my forehead and realize me from her touch, motioning me to the class room door.. I turned the door knob and turned to look at my mother before urged me inside.

Everyone in the room stared me. I never like to become center of attraction but I was now that point. Crossing the room, I stood in front of teacher holding some paper which I had to give her. She appeared to be very nice. She has beautiful face and brilliant smile. Her voice sent me a sense of comfort.