Chapter 11 : Going back to Normal

My head hurts. It's due to over crying. Really, I shaded buckets of tears yesterday in my room's darkness. I needed that darkness to swallow my hurt.

The light from the window troubled my sleep. After failing time and again to cover my eyes with the spare pillow on my bed, I finally got up to draw the curtains.

The floor was cold. I try to recall the events of the previous night. I feel there was something heavy inside my heart. Like an ache. It's kind of emotional clot. I guess I will deal with it. But at present, I badly want to get sleep.

A bit irritated, I drew curtains close. My bedroom was again dark. I fall back on my bed.

What time is it? I wonder

Thankfully, I was able to reach out to my cellphone on the side table. I stretched my arm to pick it up.

A series of miscall notifications were waiting my attention on the mobile phone's screen. They all were From Neil. Events from last night flashed in my mind. I entered the password and saw 51 miscall and 10 messages from him. All were stating "Sam, pick up my call". The last one was different.

"Sam...Please talk to me....I'm sorry..I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't want you to leave before we could talk....Please call me....We really need to talk"

The tears were streaming down my face and I had wiped them away as I pushed delete button. But when opened another messaged which cut me more than Neil's.It was from Radhika.

"Sam..i know what Neil did to you....I'm so sorry...if I knew that he would be jerk...I never force you to do that...I love you..i will talk to you tommarow...bye..."

I put my phone back on the table and rolled over on the bed. Yesterday's event replayed in my mind. I could feel the fresh tears in my eyes and my pillow got wet. After an hour I again slept with nightmares full of the man that lives in my heart.

I woke up again I felt my mom's hand on my forehead.

"Sam, how's you feeling? I thought you caught cold as you drenched in rain yesterday ...."

"I'm fine mom...just feel tiredness...." I replied

"Take rest then....i heard on local news that schools, colleges and offices declared off today..yesterday's rain causes damaged to the road to drive....."

Ohh God, Thank you for showing this mercy on me...

" Okay mom..i will come downstairs after getting fresh...."

"Alright...." She shut the door as she went out.

My phone buzzed. I checked it, Radhika's name was flashing on screen.

I swiped the phone " Hello, Radz...."

"Hey I'm sorry Sam..I wouldn't have pushed you for it..."

"Radz..i'm fine now...."

"I can't belive Neil did that to you...."

Sighing I got up from bed and stood next to window.

"You there Sam? "

"Yeah..Just tired..." I didn't want to talk about it.i wanted complete silence to figure out how can deal with this

"Get some rest..i will call you later...love you..see ya..."

"Bye..Radz...." I placed the phone shut.

I took bath to make myself feel fresh. When I put on my tank top and short then heard a crash sound from downstairs. I ran and went downstairs to see what happen.