Chapter Three

"No!" I said. "Absolutely not!"

"Come on." the girl said. "You know you want me."

I pushed her away. "You're not my type."

"Fuck you." she screamed.

"No thanks!"

She left fuming.

"Stupid girl." I sighed rubbing a hand down my face slightly shuddering in disgust. "Fucking disgusting."

A chuckle escaped from behind me.

"What now?" I spun around ready to strangle the next girl who comes near me. Except it was Kaiden. "Oh. It's just you." I said, starting to walk away.

"Hey!" he said, catching up to me. "I need to ask you something."

"What?" I asked, slightly nervous. Wait, nervous? Don't be nervous. Not around this jackass. He broke your heart Lane... so be an ass.

"Wow. Just follow me, I need to speak with you for a moment." then he walked into a completely different direction and out some rusty doors.

I hesitated, but soon followed him. As I exited the doors my nose was soon filled with a pine scent. We were outside near the woods. The same woods.

"Those doors were made for us, when we have to shift from here so we don't break anymore." Kaiden said, walking into the path that led to the woods. I made a humming noise of acknowledgement.

Reluctantly I followed him anyways. Where the hell is he taking me? What the hell am I even thinking? I'm starting to act like a lost little puppy again. 

"Where are we even going?" I grumbled. "We've been walking for a while. Gonna try to beat me up again?" I stumbled behind him. My foot caught in an underbrush and I fell towards the ground. Before I could hit the floor, two strong arms wrapped around my waist and hoisted me back up, but apparently there was too much momentum because we ended up falling anyways. Kaiden landed on me roughly and I slightly lost my breath. 

"Ow dammit..." I groaned.

"Sorry. I tried to catch you." he said, laughing. His eyes crinkled. God dammit did I hate that he's still cute.

"Why the hell are we way out here?" I asked, looking up at him.

I noticed his eyes were more black.

"I wanted to know if.. ." he trailed off, his eyes trained lower and lower towards my mouth. I gulped.

"Kaiden?" I asked, my body starting to heat up. He moved his head closer. His lips only inches from mine.

Branches cracked. "I don't know where they are." a female voice said.

"You were supposed to keep an eye on them!" a masculine voice yelled. There footsteps coming closer and closer. I shoved Kaiden off of me and made my way to my feet. I stumbled. Kaiden's hand snatched out and steadied me. I pulled away hastily.

"Oh there they are." a man said, coming into view with Ronnie towing behind him.

"Hey, Todd!" Kaiden said, his voice sounding more huskier than normal. I looked towards him again. His eyes were still dark. Pupils dilated. Had he been about to kiss me?

"Pack meeting." Todd said, looking from Kaiden to me. "There's been an attack."