Chapter Eleven

Chapter eleven

"Define okay asshole!" Kaiden yelled at me, gripping my shirt so hard it started to rip.

"It's just a dog." I said, trying not to laugh. This wasn't really a laughing situation, but he was so endearing. 

"I fucking hate dogs." he seethed. 

"He growls at everything babe." I bit my lip, holding him tighter. "He just wanted to give you kisses."

"Are you fucking serious right now?" he hissed, hitting my shoulder hard. I winced. "I want to go home, now Lane."

I sighed, scratching the back of his neck as I brought our foreheads together. "I know you heard what we were talking about. I know your frightened about a lot of things. I know all of this is happening to fast for either of us to really comprehend, but it is happening Kaiden. I know we were fighting and I know your still mad, but everything has changed in the last 24 hours. Everything." I said, whispering as I kept my eyes on him. "I don't need you to change for me if that's what your worried about. You will always be my equal. I just need some time. I need you to see this through with me. I just want to know more about who I am."

"Donny... " he went to whisper, but I kissed his lips once.

"Everything I knew is a lie. My parents aren't even my real parents. Ronnie isn't my... I just need one thing that's still real right now. I need you." I said, trying not cry.

I felt my mates arms encircle me the best he could. I could feel the tension dissipate from him so I started to relax. "I don't know what the fuck is going on. Our parents probably disowned us by now anyways. At least my parents did. Can't have a gay son as the pack leader." he said, not sounding sad about it. "But I do know I'm kinda stuck with you. I don't know how I feel about that sub-alpha shit and I really don't want to talk about that right now because I'm overwhelmed as fuck and I'm hungry and there's so many strange scents here I might just loose my mind if someone starts calling you daddy."

I couldn't help it as I laughed loudly into his face. He cracked a smile. "That's not funny. I'm still a virgin asshole."

"I mean technically it's my ass virtue that's possibly at stake here so... " he laughed trying to make the mood light, which I appreciated more than he knew. I kissed him once, twice before I hauled him up. 

"Let's get you fed." I said, pulling him behind me as I try to navigate my way through the place towards their kitchen. "Maybe after we eat and take a short rest I will introduce you to some of the others the best I can. I honestly forgot a majority of their names so you can ask so I don't look dumb."

Kaiden laughed as he kicked at my backside. "Gosh just using me for everything aren't you?"

I shrugged as we finally made it to the kitchen. "Someone has too. Just kidding." I said as I avoided another shot.

"I hope they at least have some decent food since their manners are lacking." he said as he yanked open the fridge door. I turned towards a lot of cabinets and started opening each and everyone to find utensils and snacks. Satisfied with my findings I made my way over to a very run down table with a bar stool as a chair and a wooden bench made for pianos. 

"I guess we will have to squeeze." I said as I placed everything down on some napkins. "Find anything good?"

"I found some crackers, cheese, salami, grapes and peanut butter. They have eggs, but honestly that's too much work right now." he replied and then made a very happy shout. "They have Gatorade and grape juice." His arms were full as he literally just dumped most of the stuff on the table. I opened the peanut butter and set it in between us as he squished in beside me. We started to slowly eat. I smiled every time I heard him make a noise of appreciation.

Not long after I led him to a living room type where there were couches. They weren't the nicest, but they would do. They were big enough to fit two grown werewolves. That was enough. I laid down and groaned in appreciation. I tugged at Kaiden's hand as he joined me, him sitting in between my legs, his back to my chest. 

"Your going to have to talk to your parents eventually... " he said, his hands resting over mine. " ...you know that, right?"

I hummed in acknowledgement, feeling sleep start to make it's way out. I tightened my arms around him as I let my head fall into his neck, smelling where his scent was most prominent. So intoxicating and so so comforting. I felt him shudder as I nosed along the spaces I could reach before I sunk lower into the cushions. His fingers trailed my arms and hands as I felt myself succumbing to the darkness. 

Kaiden started mumbling to himself, but I was incoherent to most of it. I decided I would ask him once I woke up. 

***

I trailed my fingers over his arms and hands as his breath finally evened out and he fell asleep. I was trying to go over and grasp everything that's happened. I wanted to freak out, but I could sense Lane was overwhelmed as well and I know he needed me and I could do this for him. I mean after everything I've done it's the least I could do. I honestly still couldn't get the whole sub-Alpha thing out of my head. Not going to lie the possibility of possibly having kids... a small jolt of excitement went through me. I mean it freaks me out, but at the same time it doesn't. I don't know. 

I continued to stroke his arms as I felt myself becoming weary and drowsy. It literally wasn't even that long ago that I slept, but feeling his steady breaths and calming scent is starting to get to me. Maybe a little rest couldn't hurt. Closing my eyes as I tried to to succumb to sleep.