Chapter Ten

Kaiden's POV

My head is pounding. I wish I could say it feels like a dream, that it was all just a dream, but I can't because it's not. I wish it was the one where you could force yourself to wake up from. My eyes feel crusted shut, like their refusing to open. My body refuses to comply with my simple desires to move.

My ears however, were working just fine. I had to calm myself so I could hear things besides my loud beating heart. I could lightly hear talk, but it was distant so they were probably located in a room next door. I listened harder.

"Male mate you say?" An unfamiliar deep voice said. "I think they were common back in my day, but leaders used it to their advantage. Interesting, haven't heard of that in a very long time. People also thought it was the twisted sense of humor from the ancestors. There's nothing wrong with it though. Not too me anyways."

"It was so common back in the dark ages... " Another replied. "A stronger pair, easy win to a battle. More strength, more power."

"If I had known he was my mate, I would have never left in the first place." Sounded like Lane.

"We usually find our mates when were young. Your wolf probably had a sense he was yours. You probably felt the attraction."

"He was a dick back then, hell he still is, but yes I did feel the attraction. I thought it was just a stupid crush." Yep definitely Lane. I knew I shouldn't be offended by his words, because I was a dick, but it felt as if he was in a way defending me to them. 

"How do you know if anything changed?" A female voice said. She sounded as if she were purring. "I mean he's just a hole to fill. He's not worth it. Why not experience something wild that can give you a future? Like me?"

I wanted to growl, I wanted to rip her eye's out. He was mine!

"Sorry sweetie, but Kaiden is wild enough. Perhaps too wild. He's also not just a hole to fill and any future I have will always include him. I think he's enough to handle. Got that?" he hissed, the overwhelming sense of feeling the need to protect whats his streamed through their bond alighting a flame.

I groaned aloud, my heart beat picking up again. I couldn't help when my lips started twitching into a smile. He defended me.

"And actually not many people know this because they either wish to ignore it or simply don't, but our kind are special." The man said, gesturing to nothing in particular. "You see they are both Alphas, yes? Well we are dominant given our special lineage, therefore other breeds of our kind can be manipulated. See Kaiden is a sub-Alpha. He can be bred and he can also be impregnated, but not right away. It will take time for his body to change once they seal their bond. I don't really understand how or why, but it is."

My eyes widened. What the hell. I felt a migraine coming on with all this information. I felt overwhelmed. Sub-Alpha? There is no way, the man is lying. He has to be lying. You can't impregnate another Alpha. I mean, there's no way. I felt my breath quickening.

"Lane." I whispered knowing full well he can hear me. I know he knows I'm awake. He can feel it through the bond. "You better get in here and help me up right fucking now."

I glared behind my eyelids. I'm gonna kick his ass. So hard it indents. For life.

Something wet started nudging my hand. I slowly began to peel my eyes open and peered lightly to the side. It was very dark, but usually that's an advantage to being a werewolf. Night vision. Yet mine seems to be failing me as my vision was still blurry. 

Lane... somethings touching me. It feels wet and I can't move.

A low growl emitted through out the room.

Lane! So help me god- 

Another loud growl vibrated through out the room. Kill me now. It's a dog. I swear to god if it's a dog. "Oh god I think I'm going to be sick..." I gasped out through a very dry throat. Another growl emitted from my side. I honestly want to whimper or scream, but I am an Alpha and Alphas don't cower. I heard another growl before I felt it pounce. Fuck it.

I screamed.