Chapter Seven

______________________________________________________________________________

Lane's POV

I was conscious, yet not fully conscious to the point were I could open my eyes.

I could hear everyone around me talking. I could hear the faint whispers, intakes of air, smell the aroma all around me.

"What he did was stupid and reckless!" someone hissed.

Were they talking about me?

"He saved a child!" another growled.

"He could have led them straight to us." said a voice that sounded all to familiar. Kaiden.

Wait, why is he doing this? Is he trying to get on my good side or my bad side just to piss me off?

"How dare you!" said a girl voice, my sister. "You're his ma---"

"Shut your trap! " Kaiden hissed.

"Why you son of a--" she said, I could hear her approaching Kaiden.

That was when it all happened so fast. My eyes snapped open and I was up in an instant. Kaiden had his hand raised and ready to strike Ronnie.

I lunged for him, shoving her out of the way. A snarl erupted from my mouth. As soon as I reached him we went straight threw the door.

How dare he! Try and strike my sister?

My nails came out, my canines elongated, I could feel my humanity separating from me.

I was in attack stance while he was in defense. Snarls came from us non-stop. People were screaming, children trying to get a closer look, parents hiding them as best they could.

"Lane stop!" my sister yelled, Kaiden growled as she neared which made me growl.

I lunged for him.

We rolled and I slashed at him. I got his arm, but he slipped his hand around and got my cheek. I felt liquid dripping from my face. That didn't stop me from punching him.

He used his lower weight to shove me forward off him. I quickly regained stance and bared my teeth at him. He went to lung for me when he was suddenly pinned to the ground by his dad, and me soon following after by my dad.

"STOP IT NOW!" Both the alphas growled.

Kaiden stopped, but I still continued to struggle.

"Lane!" my dad hissed. I growled.

............................................

Kaidens POV

Lane was pinned beneath his dad just like I was by mine. It kills me to do this to him, but I rather him hate me then feel nothing for me at all. He needs a lesson.

"Lane!" His dad hissed. Lane growled.

Everyone stopped breathing for a second. It was a challenging growl. Even I froze. Lanes eyes were clouded with fury, I knew he wasn't himself right now.

"Lane." I gasped, my dad's weight decreasing my oxygen level, his eyes met mine. "No."

He suddenly stopped. The fight slowly draining from him. He finally realized the situation and did one thing no one was expecting, he started screaming. Not for the reason you think though, his eyes started turning red, and his body started making weird noises, you could hear the bones cracking, his body twisting.

Something was wrong.