Prologue

"Aiden you c-can't be, no yo- you have to be a-alright", I tried to make out.

Aiden was laying on my lap while his brother was right next to us, watching with tears streaming down his face.

"Does it hurt you as much as it hurts me?", Aiden asked Ethan.

"Yea", Ethan cried.

"I'm sorry I'm weak! I'm sorry I can't take away both your pain! This is all my fault if only I had of aimed the arrow properly it would've hit the damn thing but I'm just a stupid human who can't do anything", I muttered angrily.

"Kendal-l. I love you so m-much, you're gorgeous, you're str-rong, you're a beautiful woman and I'm glad-d you were my first and only love. Nothing was your fault, don't ever blame yourself", he gasped out.

"Aiden you can't leave me, my mum just died and- and I'm sorry I yelled at you I-I know you're a good person-n, I know you-u d-didn't mean to let Erica die that-t wasn't you're f-fault and I forgive you because I love you", tears were rushing down my face furiously as a held his hand so tight.

~Flashback~

"Kendall liste-" I cut him off.

"No you listen here Aiden, you can't confess your 'undeniable love' for me when you kissed Lydia in front of me and you and your blind, long ãss toenail dog squad killed my best friend", I glared at him.

"Kendall, the kiss with Lydia it was nothing, I swear! The alpha he told m-"

"The alpha he told me", I mimicked in a deep voice. "For an alpha you really have no power", I replied sarcastically.

"He told me to make someone in the pack trust me and fall for me and I thought you could be my target but then I met you and", he nervously paused and looked at the floor. "I guess I was the one to fall for you, so I kissed Lydia and made her the target instead".

"Awww that's like super cute!", I sarcastically chirped. "I've always wanted someone who kills my best friend and then makes out with my other best friend because she's a new target, hashtag bf goals", I flipped my hair and walked away.

"I didn't kill her!", he yelled after me. I stopped in my tracks as my eyes begun to tear up.

"Aiden remember when I was crying on your shoulder when we were at the lookout?", I whispered.

"Yeah?", he replied. "I told you about my mum's death and you told me that you wouldn't let anything hurt me", my voice begun to sound broken.

"Well", I started furiously crying "You knew she was my best friend, you could've prevented it from happening but your status and your stupid alpha had to come before me as always!", I started yelling.

"You know that's not true! He's gone now can't you see I'm trying to be the good guy?", he yelled back.

"I saved a life and it felt good. You? You killed someone Aiden. You aren't the good guy", I cried, shaking my head and walking down the hallway.

~end of flash back~

"I guess I'm a good guy now because I saved your life", he chuckled. "Just promise me you will find someone else, someone else that can make you laugh so loud that I can hear you're beautiful laugh from heaven and tell the angels that that's my girl's laugh and it's more angelic then there's", he chuckled weakly.

"And-d also keep this n-necklace. W-when we got int-to an argument I wanted you to give this to you b-before. It's a photo of me and you-u and-d Allison photobombing us in the b-back", he smiled at me.

He placed the necklace around my neck, me helping him since he was so fragile and weak. A tear streamed down both our faces as we stared and smiled at each other.

"I love you Aiden Carver"

"And I will always love you, my beautiful Kendall Reed Argent"

And that was my last and final kiss with Aiden as he fell into a infinite dark sleep called death, listening to his heart beat slowly fade. As I begin to close my eyes I hear an ear piercing scream.

"Allison!"

"No no no no no please god no you can't do this, I just lost my mum and boyfriend please no no", I started mumbling as I frantically got on my feet and ran to where I heard the scream.

I ran as fast as a could, one step dreadful then the next and what I saw before my eyes had me on my knees.

"ALLISON!!", I screamed and began to hit the ground with my fist.

"K-Kendall please be strong-g p-please for me", Allison cried out. "I k-know it's hard, after mum and stuff but we'll m-meet again soon".

I wiped my tears and looked up into the sky.

"Allison, Aiden died", I said in a tiny voice. Allison smiled at me sadly.

"Everyone dies at the end, some deaths aren't as honourable as some. Some deaths are from sickness. But the special people, the ones that die helping and doing the thing they love, they welcome it", she continued.

After that night all I ever could repeat in my head was

We protect those who can't protect themselves.