Chapter 9 Fresh Meat

Start from the beginning

Nodding a thanks to Elise as she handed me a food tray I finally found the guy. He was sitting in the second table closest to this side and was busily shoving mouthful of food into his mouth. He looked around my age, maybe older, with dark brown hair and grey eyes. He looked well muscled all the way from here, and pretty tall too. Tuning into his mind I tried to find out more about him, sadly he was still obsessing over his lunch. I rolled my eyes and moved forward with the queue. Typical guys.

Turning my attention back to Elise we moved forward again and I blinked in surprised as the delicious smell of cooked food hit me. My eyes widened as I stared at the mouth watering dishes in front of me. This school is freaking awesome!

Eagerly stepping forward I quickly scanned Elise and other student's mind to see how the lunch system works. Each student can take one main dish, two side dish and one dessert dish, and we are at the main dish section. Drinks are also available at the end of the line and everyone can get either a cold or hot drink. If you are hungry you can line up again for more, but one rarely have the time to do so.

Staring intently at the main dishes lining in front of me I was battling on to inside as to which one to choose. Spaghetti Carbonara, Salmon filet or Grilled steak? They all smelt and looked amazing. I saw Elise picked up a plate of salmon filet and moved forward, and the stares of people in line behind me.

Sighing inside I grabbed the plate nearest to me, which happened to be Spaghetti Carbonara and moved forward briskly to join Elise. After taking a plate of apple crumble I lingered at the drinks stand, not sure where I should sit since Elise was still choosing her dessert.

Pretending that I was torn between choosing Coke or Tango I waited until Elise arrived next to me to grab the bottle of Coke that I wanted and smiled at her as she chose a bottle of mineral water.

'Come.' She said, gesturing for me to follow her down the dinning room and sat down on a table in the middle, not too far from Mr food-lover. I sat down and smiled to the people who were already at the table, they all stopped whatever they were doing when I got to the table and stared at me.

'Hey guys, this is Abigail, my new roommate.' Elise said, dumping her lunch tray in front of her and taking a seat. 'Abigail, this is everyone.' She turned to me and said.

Keeping my face friendly with a smile I said hi to everyone. First impressions are very important, it determinants whether or not that person will think nicely of you throughout your acquaintance until you get to know each other better. If you don't give people a good first impression the likelihood is that they won't even want to know you better.

Right now all of them thought that I seemed really friendly and nice. This is a good start. I sat down quickly while the others resumed whatever it was that they were talking about before we arrived.

'Hi, I am Jemma.' a girl to my left said, she had long pecan coloured hair and pretty sea green eyes. She was from Scandinavian Citybase. I smiled at her and said hi back. We chit chatted for a while and our conversation was halted as the others started talking animatedly drawing our attentions to them.

'I heard we got a new Art teacher.' an oriental boy said excitedly, and I could feel people on tables nearby started paying attention to his words too. 'I heard she is really hot.'