chapter six

"No, not that one, wear this instead. Niall's choice is not that good, no offense brother," Harry said as he handed me an elegant black evening gown, mermaid style. I am with these lads for almost a month now. They are so nice with me as time goes by but Louis stays the same. I'm getting used to it already. Tonight, we're going on a grand ball and I'm going with none other than One Direction. Tell me this isn't a dream. I will be there pretending to be Lo- Harry's girlfriend.

"Thank you Hazza. I will be back in a second," I said and bolted to my room. I know Lou's still in his room probably avoiding me. I don't know what he's doing but I'm slowly accepting the fact that he doesn't like me, which still hurts but I'm learning to get through it. The days with them are amazing, we get close to each other except Lou.

I stripped and wore the gown carefully, not wanting to break it. It was so elegant and it revealed all the way down my back, it was a little breezy and I'm not that confident at all but Harry Styles is my boyfriend so I need to show up real nice. I wore this with matching silver high heels Zayn picked for me. He told me it will look amazayn in any dress I'll wear and I think he's probably right. I tied my hair up in a bun, I thought it would look elegant but it turned out to be a little messy but what else can I do with these? It'll look elegant if I put a little something later. Probably an elegant hair pin whatsoever. I dabbed a little powder and headed outside.

"Oh you look stunning," Zayn complimented and I can feel my cheeks began to blush. I tell you, being complimented by one of the members of One Direction is just totally insane. I can even die right now, in this moment, in this place but I chose not to because I still want to be with them.

"You are so gorgeous and by the way, no make up?" Harry asked eyeing my face. No, Harry, no. You will see my clogged pores, no. He then grabbed ahold of my hand and dragged me out of the hotel room. The others boys shouted to us but only Harry's reply to them was, "We'll be back in a bit!"

We then headed to the lift and down to the lobby. We went outside. I saw others, specially girls, giving me a glare probably because I am with Harry and we went inside their car.

"Where are we going?" I asked him while buckling up myself in the passenger's seat. He started the car and he drove off to who knows where.

"A nearby salon of course. You need a little bit of make-up and style that hair of yours," he said. I was about to laugh at his thought but then his phone rang so I just decided to shut up. He growled when he saw who the caller was and picked it up.

"Now what? What do you need?" he asked that someone completely annoyed. Who could that be? I was curious to who is it but was too afraid to ask Harry who is it. It is none of my business.

"Shut it, okay. I can give that shit just don't freaking mess with us, specially her," Harry said, anger evident in his voice. He then gave his phone a death glare and put it back to his pocket. He drove to somewhere silently. I badly want to ask him about what happened but he might get pissed and just throw me out of the window. Probably not, I know Haz, he's not like that at all. He's the complete opposite of Louis.

He then stopped in front of an elegant looking salon with its lights popping. We have finally arrived. Why is everything they deal with are so elegant? The kind of riches I cannot afford but I'm personally living it because of One Direction. He went down the car and rushed to open my door. He had some shades and mustache on, typical Harry I know. I chuckled at him, he reminded me of some business looking men or someone wearing formal suits. I went down slowly, not forgetting I'm wearing heels, which I'm not used to, and walked slowly trying hard to balance myself. We went inside and he said something to the lady that approached us. The salon has no one in it besides the staff probably because it's pretty late already. Harry took off his disguise and some girls definitely drooled over him. Some looked at him seductively and some just looks like they're about to do something nasty. Oh no, no, no. No one is allowed to flirt with my Harry. I suddenly grabbed his hand and our fingers intertwined. Being Harry's girlfriend in public is kind of awesome, I am starting to like it.

"I want my girl to be perfect. Hair curled at the end and stunning make-up that anyone can be like wow," he stated which results in me blushing. The fact he called me his girl in front of everybody in here makes my heart flutter. I can see some girls being disappointed and the girl made me sit in those salon chairs and threw daggers at me. Better make me beautiful, girl, you do not want to disappoint Harry freaking Styles, do you?

Couple minutes had passed and I was done. To be honest, it was pretty awesome. The girl did well. Well done, girl-who-threw-daggers-at-me. Harry paid them with an amount only he can afford, he said it was also a thank you way to appreciate what they did for me, so I just shrugged it off. We went the car and drove back to the hotel in complete silence. Not knowing what to say, I just stared outside the window eyeing everything passing by; buildings, trees, cars, people, looking like pixelated things, almost a blur.

Once we went back, Harry told me that we should occupy the back seat and so we did. After a minute or so the car door opened and the lads went in, Louis occupying the passenger seat, the seat I took earlier. I smiled at them but I think they didn't notice me because it's already dark and we are at the very back of the car. We then went to that grand ball event. Harry's been rumored of having a girlfriend, which is me by the way, and the publicity stunt is working perfectly. Their rates just went overboard and now I'm going with Harry and it'll just make everyone go insane. Me too was kind of crazy at the thought. I mean, who would've thought about that? Let alone me involved? I'm going nuts.

"Let's go lads," Liam said and we went out one by one. Harry assisting me, a true gentleman indeed. He grabbed me by my waist and kept me close to him as we enter the said event.

Once inside, I got so overwhelmed at what and who I can see. A bunch of famous celebrities, cameras everywhere, elegant table setting and breath-taking view and highly placed elegant chandeliers. This is just a dream come true for me. A random girl who meets celebrities for a night. Who would've thought? I immediately saw Louis' face lit up. It was my first time seeing him smile. Like an actual smile and he really reminded of the Louis I used to watch in those video diaries. He waved to the camera like the little child who he is in the diaries and started talking to other people. Maybe he's way different from Louis off camera.

"Just go with us and you'll be fine. Don't answer questions you're not comfortable answering," Harry whispered in my ear which send tingles down my spine. I nodded to him and smiled.

The event went on and One Direction was called on stage for some interviews and I was left in the table with Paul. This man is always with me when they're like on stage and in times like this. Pauly never leave my side. He's beginning to be my buddy.

"We heard about a rumored girlfriend of yours, who is the member?" one of the people asked them. I could see Harry's smile. His adorable cheeky smile. He was about to get the microphone when suddenly things went out of order.

"Yes and she's my girlfriend."

***