11

"Hyung, your phone is ringing!"

Jungkook yells from the kitchen while Hoseok was getting ready for work.

"Leave it."

"It could be someone important."

Jungkook replies, Hoseok comes into the kitchen and casually smiles at the younger who was positioned by the sink. He kisses the latter's forehead and brushes his bangs away.

"There's no one in this world that could be more important than you."

"This isn't the time to be cheesy hyung, pick it up."

Hoseok gave in and answers the call.

"Hello."

"Hoseok? Hello, its hyung.. Come to the hospital. Its mom, she's barely breathing."

Hoseok's world stopped. The voice of his hyung was now muted from his hearing. He dropped his phone. Hoseok hadnt expected this to happen.

The person who had been bringing him down, hurting him emotionally, yet he loved so dearly, is now laying in the hospital. He couldnt help but tear up. His face didn't move, so did his body. He was frozen.

"Hyung... Hyung! What's wrong?"

Hoseok snapped out of it once he heard Jungkook.

"My mom is at the h-hospital. Jungkook... What do I do?"

"Oh my god, we have to see her hyung."

"I cant! For years I've been treated like dirt. I loved her but I hadnt received that love back from her. I dont know what I'd do if I see her. Im afraid I'll yell at her. Or lash out I- i-"

"Hyung, I'll be right beside you. I'll hold your hand. I'll hug you. In the end, she's still your mother."

"A mother who didnt take care of her own children. A mother who only cared for success and would shun anyone who wasnt. A mother who has told me to leave several times. Jungkook... She's not a mother. She's m-my nightmare... But even then, i still loved her."

"You're strong hyung. You are. You still have to see her though."

Hoseok nodded.

°
"Is she okay?"

Hoseok's tone was low, it was almost inaudible.

"She's been drinking a lot lately Hoseok. Her body is sensitive to alcohol. She's slowly killing herself and she's aware of it."

Seokjin explains. Hoseok's expression dropped even more. He wondered why she's doing this to herself. The doctor said that she had woken and it would be best to talk to her for a bit. Hoseok couldn't say anything. He couldn't even look at her properly. Jungkook noticed this, he took it as a sign to hold his hand firmly to calm him down.

"Hoseok..."

"Mom..."

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you all your life. It saddens me that i had realized now how much I had hurt you. Even if I had already stopped using... Drugs.. That doesn't change the fact that it had ruined me, and our family... Instead i turned to alcohol, I couldn't believe the way i had taken care of you back then.

I love you. I do. Im sorry im saying it just now, but i know this is the only chance I'll get. Take care of Namjoon and give him the love that I was supposed to have shown him even if he wasnt my own. Hoseok, Seokjin, please forgive me. Im begging with my last breath. Kids, forgive me."

The two nodded as they sobbed, holding their moms hands on both sides. Seokjin brushed his mom's hair and gave her a weak yet loving smile, letting her know she has been forgiven. Their mother's grip tightens for a mere second and slowly the strength faded, so did her consciousness. The heart monitor had played a steady flat line.

Hoseok cried louder. He hugged her tightly to his chest, rocking her back and forth. His tears rushed down like waterfall. He was shaking from the fear of just losing his mother.

"Mom! Mom, please dont do this! M-mom... I didn't get to say I love you! I didnt get to buy you a gift for your birthday. I didn't get to apologize for my bad behaviours. Mom! I forgot to say i forgive you!"

The doctor came rushing in and carefully pulled Hoseok to the side, who was now in Jungkook's arms sobbing with the eldest.

The doctor tried everything. No luck.

"Time of death 12:34 pm."

The nurse recited. The doctor turns to the three.

"Im sorry. She's gone."

Hoseok continued to cry even louder.

"Hyung! Our mother... Our.... She's..."

Hoseok couldn't finish his sentence.

°
"Hobi get up."

Seokjin demands, he had decided to stay in his household until Hoseok is properly functional.

"No.. Go away."

"Hobi, you can't be like this."

-

I needed to update something, haPPY NEW YEAR. SRY ITS SHORT.

I'LL UPDATE SOON :)

10 VOTES = NEXT CHAP.