7

"Doc, is there any good news?"

Namjoon asks. Its been 5 weeks since the accident happened. The doctor only sighs.

"I'm afraid we still have nothing to tell you. We're doing our best, he cant breathe on his own. And the damage cant be fixed like any broken bone. This is severe. Unless you would be willing to put him under surgery for him to heal faster, otherwise there's no other way of solving this quicker. Right now he's gonna have a hard time moving or waking up. Let's hope a miracle happens."

Namjoon fiddles with his thumbs as he was anticipating slightly good news from the doctor but only received unwanted information.

"Thank you Doc. May I see him?"

The male nodded and pointed to Hoseok's room. Namjoon slowly opens the door and locks it behind him. He walks slowly towards the bed, hearing the beeping noise of the heart monitor. Hoseok looked lifeless and the clear material placed over his mouth was the only thing keeping him alive.

Namjoon regretted everything the moment he found out about the accident. He regrets the fact that he wasnt there with him. He blames himself, the only one time he wasnt by him, something happens.

Namjoon will never be able to forgive himself. He knows Hoseok will comfort him, saying its not his fault. But he thinks it is. Hoseok's life couldve been gone in mere seconds and he doesn't want to imagine that.

"Hobi, remember when you took care of me when we were little. I grew up promising myself that I'll return that favor and take care of you. I did a very poor job didnt i?"

Namjoon grabbed the other's pale and cold hand in his. Kissing the back of Hoseok's hand. His eyes started to water severely and tears flowed endlessly.

"Remember when you always took me out for ice cream just because you didn't want me to witness your parents fight. I miss those days. I was so used to getting taken care of by you and I still am. Please heal. Heal for me."

A memory suddenly visits Namjoon.

"Do you want to get ice cream? I'll buy you two."

Hoseok lifts the tiny toddler in his arms. Namjoon is not much younger than Hoseok, but he is much smaller.

"Yay! I want cookies and cream and vanilla ice cream."

"Alright, put your shoes on and we'll go."

Hoseok's parents were yelling at each other. Threatening to file a divorce. Of course they were too busy fighting to notice the boys sneaking out. It was 5:36 in the afternoon and the sun was setting fairly fast.

The boys walked to an ice cream shop and asked for their own scoops whilst paying at the counter. They sat on the side where the booths are placed. They ate their ice cream together sitting beside eachother.

"Joon, one day when you're a big grown up. I hope you find someone that gives you happy vibes. Boy or Girl doesn't matter. Be happy."

The door opens and reveals a tall male carrying packed lunch.

"Seokjin hyung, where'd you go?"

"To cook for you. When was the last time you ate?"

"I dont know..."

"Hoseok wouldn't like that response. Thank you for looking out for my little brother but you also need to care of yourself."

Jin hands him a container full of food.

"How's your job back at Gwangju?"

"Im an FBI what do you think? Im always busy."

They both munched on their food. When suddenly the heart monitor starts beeping. They yelled for the nurses to come. Three of them plus a doctor flashed inside.