Shikamaru [Seven Minutes in Heaven]

With a sigh of defeat, you gave the bottle a good spin. Everyone's eyes followed the bottle closely in anticipation. It was hard not to get dizzy just staring at it- you more intensely than anybody else. Who would it land on?

"What a drag." You said, raising an eyebrow at Shikamaru. He had already rose to his feet.

"Ha ha. Very funny." He said dryly. "Let's get this over with."

The group seemed pretty amused. You knew at this point of the night they were hoping for some action. But even you could see Shikamaru was just being shy.

The closet door shut behind you amidst a mirage of giggles. Shikamaru leaned against the wall casually, with his hands in his pockets- as far as you could tell in the dim light.

"Why'd you come to the party if you thought it'd be lame?" You asked him casually.

After a brief pause, he gave his answer.

"Like I said y/n, you needed someone to chaperone."

"We're all mature shinobi," you chuckled. "I hardly think they need chaperoning out there."

"I was talking about you." Said Shikamaru.

"Hey!" You said a bit loudly. "I'm not a child, Shikamoron."

"That proves my case." Shikamaru snickered.

"I'm not the one playing games all the time." You countered with your hands on your hips.

"For your information, they stimulate parts of the brain that training can't compete with-"

"And I don't spend all my time making shadow puppets."

"They're NOT shadow puppets." He said aggressively.

"You're cute when you're angry." You said with a laugh. Not many people could push Shikamaru's buttons like you could. Getting a reaction out of him was always priceless.

"You're cute when you shut up." He said, crossing his arms.

"You think I'm cute?" You said with an exaggerated gasp.

Without a doubt in the darkness, Shikamaru rolled his eyes.

"I know this game you're playing, y/n..." Shikamaru said, leaning forward.

"Ow!" You said suddenly when he flicked you on the forehead.

"And I'm not going to let you win." Shikamaru said, grinning.

"What game? There's no games here." You said, holding up your hands mischievously. "Games are for children."

"That's why you're playing with me right now." He said with certainty.

"Well Mr.Wise guy, it takes two people to play, and guess who the other person is?"

"You'd drive the hokage himself insane, you know that?" He muttered.

"Yeah I do." You replied. "And it looks like we have about five minutes left."

"How unfortunate." He said flatly, but you could tell he was having fun teasing you.

"Yeah I know. I was hoping you'd be more annoyed. It's cute." You said playfully.

"And I was hoping you'd shut up." He replied, stepping towards you with his hands in his pockets. "It's cute."

You took the nonverbal challenge and stepped closer yourself as he raised an eyebrow.

"Too bad we're in here for another five minutes." You said softly. "I could've won in two if I really wanted to."