Vampire blood XXX

Start from the beginning

Lost in my thoughts, I slowly walked towards the window and opened it, looking through the thick gray clouds towards the moon. Walking on the small balcony of the room I could feel the moisture of the air, its cold touch caressing my pale and thin, almost glass like, skin, making my hair stand on end. I always enjoyed the silence of the night and the cold felt good against my warm skin.

Being alone, without anything else to do, I can think at the events that took place three days ago: so many things, so many fresh and painful emotions...but, from all of them, one seems to occupy my thoughts.

After I talked with the members of the Council and used my power I almost fainted on the hallway when Eric took me to my room. My vision blurred and I felt violently sick in just an instant. I don't know exactly what happened next. All I know is that when Eric turned around to see why I suddenly stopped, when his eyes met mine, his expression became one of shock. I guess I looked really bad or something like that, because he didn't drag me after him. He walked towards me and took me in his arms, and even if I tried to escape from his strong embrace, he gentle took me to my room. All the way towards the room I could hear only whispers and I don't really remember much, except the fact that I couldn't move my body. It was numb, like I was paralysed or something like that.

I woke up a couple of hours later with a perfusion was connected into my left arm, the only one where I have a visible vein. I guess they looked for it too. Anyway, I can't remember much after that. I don't know if someone was in my room during my sleep. I don't even know if they took my blood to make tests. And that kind of freaks me out, to tell you the truth. I always had a problem with blood. It freaks me out to think about it. My mother always told me that she wanted me to become a doctor, but I can't stand to see blood and its smell makes me feel really sick. So I never believed that becoming a doctor would be an option for my future career, even if I had a few moments when, loosing a part of my family I wanted to be a doctor in order to be able to help them.

That's ironic don't you think so? I probably am the single human being that has in her veins the blood of an immortal and I am afraid of seeing or smelling blood. But, anyway, who told you that I am a normal human? I always believed that something was pretty much damaged inside my mind and the recent events are just enough proof to confirm my suspicions.

Looking outside, seeing all and nothing in the same time, lost in my thoughts, in the silence of the night, I leaned towards the edge of the small balcony, pressing my belly against the metal bars. It felt so peaceful and quiet.

"You should stop there!" someone from behind me told me. In less than a second I turned around, looking for the person who talked. But, before I could identify his figure in the darkness inside the room, I heard him laugh. I couldn't understand his reaction. Why was he laughing? Is he laughing because he startled me?

He must have noticed the confused expression of my face, because he continued talking.

"That's a new thing about you that intrigues me. You act each day more like a vampire! It's pretty impressive and fascinating in the same time."

I still couldn't understand what he talked about. All I did was to turn around.

He laughed again. "You're such a strange child. I hope you do realise that a human could never turn around so quickly. It was a vampire reaction towards danger. It's a self preservation thing, an instinct that runs through our veins. And...it seems yours too."

I guess he was right. I did turn around quite fast, but it didn't seem so fast to me. I thought that a human always reacts this way. Maybe he's right. I don't know...

Seeing my internal struggle, he continued: "Don't worry child! That's not such a bad thing!" He slowly approached me, until I could see him in the moons light. It was the same vampire from the meeting room, the one who asked me to attack him.