Alone

But when Rainbow Dash flew home, she still felt very sad. That night, she couldn't sleep. She wanted to sneak out to meet Sweetie Belle, but it brought back scary memories. Her mind soon grew fuzzy and she slipped into sleep.

The next day, she darted over to Rarity's house and threw open the door. "Good morning, Rarity!" she sang.

Then her excitement quickly dampened. The white unicorn was slumped over her desk and Rainbow could clearly hear the sound of sobbing. As she went closer, the cries began to form words.

"Why... why you? You were so innocent, why did this have to happen? I don't want to go, I don't want to go..."

"Rarity?"

"Gah!" Rarity shrieked as she quickly wiped her eyes and spun around, leaping off the chair onto all four hooves. "Rainbow Dash, you scared me!" Her face turned bright red.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"No, no, no, everything's fine."

"Come on, I know something is wrong. I'm here for you, Rarity; you can tell me." She moved next to her as she sat down on the floor and wrapped her hooves around her. "Please... you know you can trust me. What's wrong?"

"I- I-" Then she burst into tears again.

"Rarity... Tell me what's going on? Want me to go get Sweetie Belle?"

"Rainbow... Sweetie Belle's dead."

"Wait, WHAT?!"

"She wanted to go to her clubhouse in the middle of the night and it collapsed on her, so she suffocated." Rarity could hardly speak. "My- My little sister is gone."

"Oh, Rarity..." Nothing she did would make either of them calm down, so she flew away and sat on another cloud. The other Pegasus in the higher clouds began to make it rain, but she didn't care. She couldn't face her marefriend now. Both of them were alone now.