A Vision and a Sweet Belief (Part 1)

2 years later...

"More food?" Rarity asked her marefriend. "You've been so hungry."

Rainbow Dash shook her head no. Rarity sighed in relief. No more getting up. She sat down beside Rainbow on her velvet couch.

"Um... what do you want to do right now?" Rarity asked when Rainbow was silent.

Rainbow shrugged.

"Well, let's do something cool, okay?" Rarity chittered. She was currently reading a newspaper. "According to this magazine, some pony broke into another's house here in Ponyville and almost killed them! Fortunately, the pony, Thorny Heart, was caught." She glanced at Rainbow. "You wanna do something like that?"

Rainbow's head sped around and gazed, unblinking, at Rarity. Rarity laughed. "I'm just kidding!"

Rainbow stayed in the same position, her eyes contracting to pinpoints. Rarity waved her hoof in front of Rainbow Dash's face, but failed to wipe away the expression on her marefriend's face. Rarity rolled her eyes, got up from the couch and settled at her desk to work on her latest dress creation. As for Rainbow Dash, well, she was in shock. Shadows in the back of her mind moved to the front and a vision unfolded before her.

Rainbow Dash. In front of Rarity's house. A mask of anger on her face. Goes inside the house. Finds Rarity's room. Enters her room. Stops beside her bed. Takes off Rarity's sleeping mask. Pulls out a knife. Raises it high. A voice in her head. Lowers the knife. Places it on a dresser. Looks around. Sees open window. Exits through the window. Flies away. Next day. Sees Rarity in the park. Rarity accepts Dash's previous request of being her marefriend. Two years pass.

The images and words in her head came fast. Then it all disappeared and Rainbow Dash blinked. The day of two years ago! Rainbow Dash broke into a sweat. The day she had almost killed Rarity! Then Rarity had told Dash she wanted to be her marefriend.

Rainbow Dash suddenly felt unsafe. What if the killer instinct broke out again? How would she be able to save herself, Rarity, or Sweetie Belle, who had just entered the room. She started breathing hard.

"Are you okay, Rainbow Dash?" Sweetie Belle asked, an anxious expression on her face.

"I'm fine, Sweetie Belle."

"You don't look fine. Here, I'll make you some tea." With a flash of purple light, a small cup of tea appeared on the table in front of the couch. Rainbow didn't touch it. Sweetie Belle sat down beside her. "What's the matter, Rainbow?"

Rainbow Dash turned to look at her marefriend' sister. "Will you promise to not tell anyone else? Not your friends, not Rarity, no one in Ponyville?" Sweetie Belle nodded. "I promise. In fact, let's go to my room." Rainbow nodded her head slowly, called to Rarity, then left to go with Sweetie Belle.