A Vision and a Sweet Belief (Part 2)

Rainbow Dash followed Sweetie Belle into her room, which was bright lavender all over, with a poster above her bed that depicted hers and her friends' newly-earned cutie marks. Her bed had a bright pink sheet on it that quivered as Rainbow and Sweetie Belle sat down on it. Rainbow quickly got up and closed the door before sitting back down on the bed and turning to face Sweetie Belle.

"All right, Rainbow Dash, I know I'm not any of your friends, but can you please tell me what's going on?"

Rainbow sighed. "Okay, I'll tell you. Here goes." She took a deep breath.

"Two years ago is when I fell in love with Rarity. However, I was too scared to tell her because I thought she'd think I'm an idiot. But, then I told Applejack, and she set something up that forced me to reveal to Rarity my feelings for her. But, with the way she responded, I thought she was rejecting me. I was so hurt and angry that on that night, I snuck into your house and tiptoed into Rarity's room. I pulled off her sleeping mask, then took out a knife and raised it high. But then I realized something. I was about to kill my friend and the mare I loved! I looked around wildly and spotted an open window, so I placed the knife on a dresser and escaped through the window. I haven't been reminded about it till this day." Rainbow Dash was panting with exertion, as if telling her story had exhausted her.

Sweetie Belle was undaunted by what Rainbow had thought to be the scariness of the story. Her face was still calm, her eyes were still bright, and when she spoke, her voice showed no fear.

"Rainbow, how are you so upset by that? Just tell her the truth and you'll both be fine."

Rainbow shook her head. "I can't! If I do, she'll think that I've been lying to her all along!"

"You told me, right?" Rainbow mustered a tiny nod. She couldn't argue with that. "Then just pretend you're talking to me! We could get Rarity to dress up at me or something and then it will just be a recap of this!"

Again, Rainbow shook her head. "It's not that easy. But I'm glad someone is being there for me." She gently patted Sweetie Belle's head with her hoof, then slowly got up from the bed.

"Anytime, Rainbow Dash," Sweetie Belle called as Rainbow left. "Anytime."

She began to map out a plan in her head.

I had to change it up a little. But I'm rooting for you, Dashy!