A Change of Heart

When Rainbow Dash returned to her Cloudsdale home, terror surged through her at the thought of somepony finding out what she had almost done.

I almost killed my best friend, she thought. If anypony finds out...

Her though were interrupted by a call from Fluttershy, who was standing on a cloud a little while away from Rainbow Dash.

"Where'd you come from?" Rainbow Dash tilted her head. "You don't usually come up to Cloudsdale?"

"I came to look for you," Fluttershy replied evenly. "Some of the pegasus woke up early today and noticed that you were in bed. You never wake up early."

Rainbow grew nervous. "Well...um..." she stammered. "I...just..had to...you know... do something important."

Fluttershy shrugged and flew off toward the ground.

Rainbow Dash sighed in relief and followed her. Just then, she spotted Rarity on a bench near her, reading a fashion magazine. She looked up and spotted Rainbow. She waved her hoof for her to come over.

Rainbow walked stiffly over to Rarity, nervous to face her. But Rarity just smiled and said, "Dash, I would love to be your marefriend."

Something clicked inside Rainbow Dash. Her heart was filled with joy that she was unable to keep in. "Really?" Her face lit up.

Rarity nodded. "I realized that I am meant to be with someone who always cares and is kind and compassionate." She put down her magazine and hugged her new marefriend.

Even though it was now  just a small trace in the back of her mind, little did Rainbow know that one day, her darkest action would soon come back to haunt her.