Unexpected Actions

Rainbow flew sadly through the bright blue sky. Not a cloud was in sight, for all of them had been extinguished for the time being.

"I don't want to be here anymore," she exclaimed out loud. "I want to leave." She stopped and hung in midair. "Or I want somepony else to leave." She thought for a moment, then smiled evilly, rubbing her hooves together in contempt.

Later...

Rainbow trotted to Sweet Apple Acres. She hadn't been there since the meeting, so she was a bit nervous. But this time, she had a plan.

Rainbow Dash entered the barn.

"Hello? Applejack?" she called.

"Yeah?" Applejack peeked out from around the corner.

"Um... I was wondering. Well...could I make some apple fritters with you?"

Applejack looked surprised that Rainbow had asked her if she could cook with her, but she just shrugged her shoulders and led Rainbow Dash to the kitchen. There, the two friends mixed, rolled, and laughed. Rainbow Dash had to admit, it was actually kind of fun! But then she remembered her plan. When Applejack went to put the fritters in the oven, Rainbow Dash looked around wildly. Given her luck, she spotted a knife of the counter. She grabbed it and sped out the door.

When Rainbow exited Sweet Apple Acres, she felt a twinge of guilt from leaving her friend behind. But she shook it off. This is not a time for remorse, this is a time for revenge!

That night, Rainbow silently crept through the darkness. Up ahead, Rarity's little house came into view. Rainbow smirked. Somepony was expecting a surprise tonight.

Rainbow opened the door of Rarity's house and searched the rooms until she found the one she knew was Rarity's. She walked in and stood beside Rarity's bed. Slowly, and oh so silently, Rainbow peeled off the sleeping mask that covered her blue eyes.

"You might as well wake up now, Rarity," she whispered. "Or you might never wake up."

With a flourish, Rainbow pulled out the knife that she had grabbed from Applejack's kitchen and held it high. She was just about to plunge it down into a white flank when she heard a voice inside her head.

Don't do it, the voice whispered to her. If you do it, you will lose any chance of her love.

Slowly, Rainbow lowered the knife.

I can't do it, she thought. I thought I needed revenge, but now I see how powerful love really is.

Quietly, she placed the knife on a dresser and luckily, she spotted an open window. Rainbow Dash made her escape.