The Plan

Applejack had a plan. But it depended on the consent of both her friends...

Applejack trotted to Rarity's house and knocked gently on the door. After a few seconds, the door magically opened up and a voice called out, "Who is it?"

"It's me, Rarity, and I need to talk to you."

Rarity poked her head out from behind a flowing purple dress on a clothesline. Her face brightened when she saw Applejack. "Ah, darling, it is a pleasure to see you! Now spill!"

"I need you to meet me at Sweet Apple Acres in front of the barn this evening," Applejack explained.

"Why, certainly!" Rarity exclaimed. "I will come, but this better be for a good reason if it's going to mean getting my hooves dirty. I just got a new hooficure!" She held up her hoof to show Applejack.

"That's very nice, but I really need to go now." Applejack sped out the door.

"Now where is the other one?" she asked herself. Then she spotted Twilight passing by and raced to catch up with her.

"Hey, Twi!" she called. "Have you seen Rainbow Dash anywhere?"

"I think she's over at Sugarcube Corner," Twilight called back. "When she went past me, she said something about meeting Pinkie there."

"Great! Thanks! Bye!" Sugarcube Corner was her next destination. When she finally got there, she burst through the doors, completely out of breath.

"Rainbow!" she gasped out. "I...really...need...to talk...with you!"

Rainbow Dash turned away from the counter and looked at Applejack. "I'm listening."

"Will you have time to meet me in front of the barn at Sweet Apple Acres this evening?"

"Well, if I have no plans today, which I don't, then yes." Rainbow jumped as Mrs. Cake placed a large cupcake in front of her on the counter. "In the meantime, I'm gonna eat this delicious cupcake, so please let me and my food be in peace." Rainbow dove into the cupcake as Applejack exited Sugarcube Corner, feeling satisfied at what she had accomplished.