26. The Cost of Victory

Start from the beginning

"Luke." I tried again, this time louder, but he still ignored me.

Silena stood up,"Says the one who tried to lead an army, but failed to even lead 5 people!" I was getting more and more livid by the second.

Luke stood up as well,"I'd like to see you try! It's not that easy!"

Before Silena could say more, I slammed my fist on the table and stood up as well,"Are you serious?!" Everyone jumped, not excepting me to snap,"This has nothing to do with either of you! Stop making this all about you, ok?! You two are getting on my last nerves. Silena, just apologize to Luke for upsetting him. Luke, stop overreacting! It's not that big of a deal and you two are acting like babies. For Hades sake, you're giving me a headache."

Luke looked at me shocked,"Who told you?"

I raised my eyebrows and my hands clenched,"That's what you're worried about right now?" I said in a calm voice, trying to get my emotions in check,"Ok, let's forget all about the war we're currently in and focus on you two." I said sarcastically,"Because you two clearly think that we should. Always bickering." I sat down and motioned for them to start talking,"Go on. Keep arguing. I'm sure we have time to-" I paused and look at my wrist pretending to look at an imaginary watch,"Oh wait, that's right. We don't have time!"

They both sat down looking ashamed muttering 'sorry'. I controlled my breath and said,"I don't want you two in here." They looked at me confused,"You two. Out. Now. I want you to make up, and until you do, you are both on intermission. Jason you're promoted to 2nd in command for now."

Luke's eyes widened,"What?! I'm sorry! I'll make up, I promise!"

"I know you will. Now leave and talk it out." I said, motioning to the door.

"But the plan-"

"You can find out from someone after. Now leave."

They both hesitated before slowly leaving the cabin. Once they shut the door, I let my head fall on the table, and sighed,"By the gods, they're so annoying."

"That, Percy, was impressive." I glanced up at Chaos, who had on a grin,"That's what I call your 'Princely mode'. Where you take control of the situation. Just proves you'll be a good ruler one day."

I couldn't stop the heat from rising to my cheeks from the compliment,"Whatever." I mumbled.

Jason chuckled,"I've never seen you blush like that Percy."

"Let's get back to the plan." I said desperate to change the subject.

Beckendorf motioned for me to start,"Alright, get on with it then."

"Ok, so we were thinking....."

...

I walked around the camp searching for a certain pair. My eyes locked on Beckendorf and Silena walking on the beach, hands locked. I ran to catch up with them, and once I did, I stood in front of them.

"Hey, Perce. What's up?" Beckendorf asked.

"Ok, so I was thinking-"

"Uh oh." Beckendorf joked.

I glared at him playfully,"Since you two just got married and all, you guys might want to settle down and all. So if you guys wanted, I could release you from the army. You could stay here or in Utopia and just relax. Be normal people for once, but only if you want to, though."