2. I Have The Worst Mission Ever

P E R C Y
-5000 Chaos years later-

I spat my blue Coke in Luke's face after—actually, I should probably explain how Luke is here in the first place. So, after a thousand years or so, Michael and I were in my room and just talking when we started talking about him and the war. He told me that he saw Luke in Elysium. Apparently, Michael said that he looked like a mess. He didn't really talk to many people and regretted everything he did and couldn't even look at the people he killed. Michael then looked at me and basically pleaded for me to give him another chance. I told him no, but then the rest of my friends teamed up on me. I told them that if they could convince Chaos to bring him, then sure. Much to my surprise, he said yeah and brought him back. To say our reunion was awkward is an understatement, but we eventually moved past it. He has proved time over time how loyal he is, and now, he is my best friend and my second in command. Anyways, back to the present.

I spat my blue coke in Luke's face after he told me him and Zoe were a thing now, "What? Didn't you tell me how she was mean, a boy hater, and kept on beating your sad butt in sword fighting! That was only a week ago!" He blushed a dark Crimson while Zoe glared at him.

"What are you talking about, Percy?" he asked, giving me a good kick in the leg under the table, "I never said that, right?"

"Right, right. Sorry, just my imagination." I groaned. Man he can kick.

"I mean, It was hard not to get together with her. She did help me with the grief I've felt after Kronos, so I guess I fell for her, you know?" He explained, smiling at Zoë.

Zoe stopped glaring and gave him a smile, "Awe..." She was interrupted before she could say more.

"Hey guys?" Rose said from the door, "Chaos is calling a meeting."

"Ok thanks, Rose." I said. She smiled and ran off. Rose is so mysterious. She always keeps to herself and only ever really speaks when Chaos needs a messenger. I only spoken to her a couple times, and it always seemed to make me happy. We all got up and headed to the throne room. When we entered, the others were standing impatiently for us.

"Thank Gods! What took you so long?" Michael asked, annoyed.

"Uh, sorry?" I apologize, but it sounded more like a question, even to me.

Luke and I turned to Chaos, and everyone groaned, "My Lord Chaos. What can we do to help you?" We said in perfect sync.

Chaos grimaced, "How many times do I have to tell you boys? NO 'LORD' OR BOWING!"

"Whenever you stop calling us boys! We are MEN thank you very much!" Luke said in a child's voice, flexing his muscles. We all laughed, but turned serious again after Chaos awkwardly coughed.

"Well, you have a new mission." Everyone got excited, "Gaea, Kronos, and Tartarus are rising once more, and I need you guys to help the demigods and Gods."

L U K E

We all looked at Percy. He told us most of his story except from what happened at his apartment one night, but I think I know what happened. So much light filled his eyes and a huge grin started to form. This surprised me because he's never been this happy before. When he thinks no one is looking, his strong act breaks apart and the only thing left is grief. I can here his screams and whimpers every night when he sleeps. I've noticed how his eyes change from black to red for a split second. I've noticed his broken side.

This act seemed to make Chaos happier as well. He'd never seen Percy this way as well. The only person who has was Silena and Rose. Then, for some reason, he put his fingers to his temples and squeezed his eyes shut. His grin disappeared and the light left his eyes. He removed his hands and gave Chaos pleading eyes, "No. I'm not going."