14. Questions in The Forest

P E R C Y

I groaned. I hurt. My ribs hurt. My arm hurts. My head hurts. I slowly opened my eyes, but immediately closed them again. Why is it so bright? I tried opening them again, and squinted. I sat up, but was hit with a wave of pain a second later. I felt dizzy and like I wanted to puke. If I had known what was good for me, I would've laid back, but I didn't. I was about to get up when the door opened. A blond haired boy walked in. He had a hand in his hair, and a burger in his second hand. He had dull blue eyes that were red from crying.

I grinned, "Sir Castellan" My voice was raspy, and dry, but he still heard.

He looked up, and his eyes went wide. He dropped his burger, and ran over, "Percy! Gods, you got me so worried!" He gave a huge hug.

I laughed, which hurt, and resulted in me having a coughing fit, "Ow..."

He grimaced, and raced to get some water. He came back, and handed me some, "There you go."

I thanked him, and drank some, "So, what happened?"

"You sir," He pointed at my chest, "Got distracted! How? I have no idea. You were pretty beat up, so I brought you here. You fell asleep on me. After that, you just sleep. For two days straight. Another attack happened. I had to lead them, with small help from Beta. And, um..." His voice flattered.

I raised an eyebrow, "Yes?"

He fiddled with his fingers, "Well, um, since you were out, Beta told us the reason."

I looked at him confused. Reason to what? Suddenly it hit me.

-Flashback-
Beta glanced at Percy's eyes, "Hey, Perce?"

Percy looked up, "Yeah?" He said with a mouth full of blue pancakes. We all grimaced because that was just plain old disgusting.

"Why do you have red specs in your eyes?" Beta asked with a smug smile on his face like he already knew the answer. I narrowed my eyes at him. He knows. I know he does. How does he know, and we don't?!

Percy froze. He swallowed his food, and leaned back in his chair. He let out a deep breath before glaring at Beta. He coughed awkwardly, and looked at his food, "Remind me later that I need to talk to you Luke, ok? Then you can tell the rest."

I nodded, "Sure"

-End of Flashback-

I swear my heart skipped a beat. Nervousness and fear gripped my heart. My stomach dropped to floor. That's it. They know now. Great. How will they react? Oh gods. I felt sick to the stomach. What if they find me weird? What if they hate me? Is that why he was nervous? Then why did he hug me? Why is he happy? What if the others hate me? Gosh, I'm so scared.

Luke noticed how I was freaking out, "Percy relax. It's okay." I glanced up at him, "It's fine. We definitely don't hate you. Never. You're our family now. We are gonna help you. It hurts to know you're scared of yourself, Perce. If you'd told us sooner we would've help you, but it doesn't matter now, ok?"

I chuckled a little, "Yeah... Yeah, ok."

He grinned, "Great, now are you hungry? It's lunch time, and sadly," He looked at his fallen burger, "I dropped mine."

As he was walking away, I whined. He looked back, "What?"

I made grabby hands at him, "I'm too tired to move, Lukey."