17. Problems Can Wait; Marriage Comes First

P E R C Y

I walked along the beach with a heavy heart. After a while, I managed to accept the fact that I have feelings for Bianca. I wasn't going to tell her until after the war. I sat down on the beach, and I put my feet into the water. I noticed that the sea was unusually still and quiet. I slowing went in and swam around. I tried asking some fish what's wrong, but they keep running away. I swam to the palace. Just before I entered, guards stopped me.

"Uh, sorry Milord, we didn't know it was you." One said.

I waved them off and entered. It seemed as if the palace was deserted. I entered the throne room and saw my dad instantly. It looked as if he has aged 100 years. He looked upset and stressed.

"Hey, dad..." I said hesitantly.

He looked up,"Percy!" He looked genuinely shocked and stood up,"What are you doing here?"

"I was just worried. The sea was unusually still and quiet. It didn't feel right." I answered,"So, what's wrong? Maybe I can help."

He sighed,"Many things, my boy. Many things..." He sat back down,"Triton has been kidnapped."

I gritted my teeth. Sure Triton might not like me very much, but I sure do care for him. I took a deep breath. Is this Orders way of hurting me? Is he gonna take everyone I care about? Not on my watch.

With my fists clenched, I said,"You're not safe here."

He raised an eyebrow,"Excuse me?"

"You're not safe here." I repeated,"Order will have his hands on you soon, and nobody will know. You need to stay somewhere else. Somewhere like Olympus. That's seems right, yeah?" I told him, with a challenging tone.

He narrowed his eyes at me,"Percy, I can't just walk on Olympus and stay there. Zeus would have my head. Plus, I'm not leaving all these people down here while I run to safety."

I nodded,"Yes, that seems to be the problem. Zeus. Hmm..." I thought,"Well, I could ask a few of my friends back up on Utopia to guard the citizens, and I could use Chaos to threaten Zeus to let you stay. Simple solutions to simple problems."

He looked uneasy,"But..." He trailed off.

I clapped my hands twice,"It's a deal then. We'll start on the search for Triton as soon as possible. You will go to Olympus with me, now, and I will bring my guards tomorrow morning, ok?"

He pursed his lips before slowly nodding.

He teleported us both to Olympus and banged his trident on the floor twice, signaling a meeting. Everyone flashed in with their own unique entrences.

I smiled,"Hi, guys! Nice to see you again! It's been a while, you don't visit anymore! Why?"

Apollo and Hermes chuckled. Zeus glared at them resulting them to stop instantly,"What is it, Perseus? I don't have time for your jokes."

I snorted,"It's not like you were doing anything productive..."

My dad coughed,"I did not bring you here to taunt Zeus, Percy. Although it is funny, we have more urgent matters to discuss."

I sighed,"Fine. Ok, well, you all know Triton, right?"

They all nodded,"We all know the Poseidon spawn. Very rude I'd say." Athena said.

Poseidon glared at her,"He just doesn't like you. I mean, who would."

I stopped their bickering by continuing,"Well, he has been kidnapped."