15. Lost

February 20th, 2018

Just like Michael Bublé sings in 'Home,' (I blame my extensive knowledge on the Canadian singer's discography on Niall and Vic who listen to him a lot): "Another summer day has come and gone away"

Except in this case, it's not another summer day, but another winter week in London.

It seems unbelievable the speed at which time seems to be going by.

Yesterday we were singing Christmas carols, today I've finished the last exam of my first semester.

"Well, that was tough as fuck" Lucas scoffs when we walk out of the building.

"Was it?" I can't help asking, "I didn't find it that complicated"

"That's because you've studied a lot for it" Christian teases, "Luke here didn't study as much"

"Shut up, Chris" Lucas hisses, "I just hope I've passed"

"Let's stop talking about the exam, please?" Christian says, "Do you have any plans for the afternoon?"

"Nope" Lucas answers.

"Daniel?"

"Not at all"

"Since the 1D guys are touring and his girlfriend is away with them, Dan is home alone and all he does is..."

"Shut up, Lucas" I cut him before he can finish the sentence. Knowing him, nothing good was coming from it.

"Is it true that your girlfriend is touring with One Direction?" Chris wants to know.

"No" I roll my eyes, "Chris, we've talked about this millions of times" I sigh, "One of my flatmates, who happens to be my ex-girlfriend, is dating a member of One Direction. She's finished her exams and now she has a free month during which she's going to be touring around Europe with them."

"Does she get free food?"

"Yes," I say, "and she also travels free and stays for free at luxurious suites. You should've seen the hotel they were staying at in Paris. Amazing"

"Some people are born lucky" Lucas sighs, "so, Chris, why did you want to know if we were doing something this afternoon?"

"I have something planned" Christian grins, "If you are up for it"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My phone rings as we walk to the car, laughing and chatting loudly. Good thing I have it in my hand, otherwise I wouldn't have heard it, that's for sure.

"Hold on, I have to get this" I excuse myself walking away from my friends; "Niall, mate!" I greet to the phone, "Your ears would be ringing! I just came back from playing golf the whole afternoon with some friends from uni. I thought it was going to be a bore, but I had a lot of fun! When you come back from tour and if you want, we can..."

"Dan..."

My heart misses a beat. Something is wrong. Something is terribly and absolutely wrong.

"What happened?" I ask, my voice inevitably shaking.

"..."

"Niall"

My heart is beating so fast I swear I can see it coming in and out my chest.

"Vic and I had a fight"

My pulse starts to slow down.

They're all okay. At least physically, they're all right.