16. You And Me

[A/N: As promised, the last chapter of the first part is here!

Thank you so much for a year of letting me share my writing with you, and here's to a 2017 filled with more and better stories!

May your dreams get bigger, your fears smaller and may you achieve everything you set your mind and your heart on! 🥂 Happy New Year 🎊 :)

All the love as always (cause even if the year is new, some things don't change) ♥️♥️ ]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

June 17th, 2018

I'm not one to talk about how Vic took her breakup with Niall.

Mainly because she didn't speak to me about the subject at all. She spent most of her time studying and she also asked Dr. Olson for some extra hours in the hospital. She would joke around Natalie and I, exercise a lot, but there would be days when I'd hear her cry in her bedroom when she thought no one could hear her.

Still, it was her decision to not talk about it, no matter how many times I tried to make her open up. She didn't. And we have to respect that.

So you're going to excuse me while I jump straight to the moment where Vic and I left the O2 Arena after she and Niall had talked things through.

Victoria doesn't say a thing in the whole ride home. She stares out the cab's window in silence, sometimes a couple of tears streaming down her face, but she quickly dries them with the end of her sleeve.

"Vic..." I say once we've arrived home, "If there's anything you need..."

"No" she cuts me, "Right now I just need to be left alone" she mumbles, rushing up the stairs and closing her bedroom door behind her.

For the next days, she barely leaves her room.

I hear her practicing with the guitar, a new song everyday, again and again until she's learned it perfectly.

"I'm gonna go" I say putting my head round the sitting room's door. Natalie is cooking lunch.

"Right, you have to present your final project today, don't you?"

"In two hours" I nod.

"Nervous?"

"Literally shaking" I chuckle, "Keep an eye for her, will you?"

"Sure" Natalie smiles widely, "I've made her favourite pasta"

"You are great" I smile back.

"Still no word from Niall?" Natalie wants to know.

"She hasn't said anything and she's still practicing with the guitar, so I guess not" I shrug my shoulders; "I really gotta go now" I say checking my phone; "I'm having dinner with my friends from uni, but if there's anything you need..."

"We'll be fine" Natalie assures, "Good luck with your presentation"

"Thanks" I smile once more before heading out the door.

Natalie and I have been an amazing support group. During these past months and specially this past week, we've made sure Victoria hasn't felt alone. We took her out to the theatre, to the park, to the movies, shopping, to museums... we even made a two day trip to Edinburgh last month.