Chapter Five

Woah would you look at this

Alright.... so I should probably clarify? After I uploaded the last chapter, I decided to just completely freehand the rest of the book. I like the way it's going now, because it seems like there's an objective.

MMmmmMMMMMM sorry here you go

~

Pulling his bag flush with himself, Seto let out a huff. His morning so far had been subpar, and he grimaces at the thought of it.

The sound of rain hitting the building and the ground heavily rung softly in his ears, muffled by the roof and the walls. He ached to go outside and just stand in it, away from the crowds and the sting of the fluorescent lights. It would do him some good, really, to just get away from it all.

Teens mill about, flooding the hallways in cliques and groups; chatting loudly. Seto wonders briefly what's going on, before he hears someone call his name. He turns to see Tyler leaned up against a wall, Jason to his left. Jason was grinning, and had his foot up on the wall with his back to it, supporting him. It took Seto a moment to notice their hands, which were clasped within one another.

When he manages to make his way to them, Tyler just bounces a little.

"What's going on?" The words are out of Seto's mouth before he even realizes it, and the two other boys seem to startle out of their own thoughts.

"Oh!" Jason had managed to speak first, effectively silencing Tyler before he had a chance to speak. He smiles sheepishly. "We have a pep rally today, everyone's been on about it all week! You didn't know?"

Seto shakes his head slowly, and is met with quiet laughter from the others.

"Right, sorry," Tyler shrugs: "It lasts like an hour, and it's super loud; so be prepared."

Seto scoffs a bit, trying to hide his smile. He had to admit, the cheer was infectious; and he could feel himself start to become a bit giddy when Jason said he had to go and meet up with his teams in the auditorium, leaving just Tyler and Seto. They exhange awkward smiles.

It felt like forever until the crowd started moving, being shuffled along into the auditorium at a painstaking speed. When Seto finally made it past the doors, he felt a bit breathless at how much smaller it seemed with the bleachers pulled out, but it was still rather large. He startles a bit when he takes his seat in a row closer to the middle, only to see that Tyler somehow drifted off. His eyes scan the crowd, until they come to land on blond hair, drifting down until his gaze locked with the other boy's.

Seto prays he hasn't noticed, but it's far too late to hope. Heat rises to his face as his head snaps down, averting his eyes. He curses silently when he feels the bleachers creak under added weight, and then there's a scraping noise. Their knees knock.

"Hi there."

Brice's voice is muffled by the commotion around them, but Seto can still hear what he's saying clearly. How couldn't he, anyways? Brice is practically shoulder to shoulder with him.

"Fancy seeing you here," Brice grins when he says this, tone slightly teasing. "I would've thought you'd be down there, with the Greek language club."

Seto snorts. "Says the guy who went to every magic the gathering tournament he could."

Brice blushes softly, laughing at the humiliating memories.

"You still gonna hold that to me? I was thirteen."

Seto rolls his eyes, looking down at himself. He suddenly felt insecure with what he looked like, and opened his mouth to say something.

"Students!"