Rise X Male Reader (Persona 4)

Start from the beginning

"It seems pretty obvious," I replied tilting my head," why is it so surprising?"

"It's just that we di-," Chie started.

"(Y/N)-kun," a voice said behind me.

I turned to see the girl with pigtails and Yu. I felt my heart beat faster looking at her. She looked cute and had a mysterious vibe coming from her. I felt like I wanted to know more about her.

"Why are you here, I thought you were dating Kanami," the girl said.

"How do you know about the arrangement with Kanami," I asked.

"Oh (Y/N) this is Rise. The one we were telling you about, the idol," Yosuke said.

"Nice to meet you," I said," and the arrangement was cancelled I didn't want to put her into a relationship she wouldn't  be happy about. Besides I'm going to school here if I were to fall for someone I wouldn't want to keep it a secret for my reputation's sake."

She smiled and shook my hand. This is going to be an interesting next few years.

-

It's been two months since I transferred to Yasogami High. Within that time I fell for Rise. I would always run into her at night after she cleaned up the tofu shop. I would talk with her at school and at the tofu shop. Occasionally I would help her out when her grandmother needs an extra hand around.

After about a month I knew I had fallen for her and told her. Seeing how she acted with Yu, I thought she would've rejected me. In fact, I was sure she was going to reject me, but apparently, miracles do happen and she felt the same way. Now tomorrow's Valentine's day and I have a special gift for her. I ran down the lockers to hurry home.

-

(Y/N) has been very distant these past few days and I haven't gotten to see much of him. I walked down the hall and saw him running down the steps, towards the lockers. He stopped when he saw me and smiled.

"Rise," he called waving to me.

"Hey, are you free right now," I asked.

"Sorry, my manager just called and I have to do some work," he said.

"Maybe I can help," I said giving him puppy dog eyes," we haven't spent that much time together."

"I know and I promise you we will soon but I need to do this by myself alright," he replied.

"Fine but don't forget that tomorrow's Valentine's day," I said scoldingly.

"I know, I wouldn't forget," he replied pecking my lips," now I need to go. I'll see you later."

He ran to change his shoes and dropped something running out the front of the school. I walked over to his locker and picked up the piece of paper that he had dropped. I unfolded it and realised it was a love letter from one of his classmates. I couldn't help but feel jealous.

-

"Alright you'll invite her to Junes later right," I asked Yukiko and Chie.

"Yup, I have to admit this is pretty cute for Valentine's," Chie said.

"I know but she's bummed that I haven't spent time with her, and it was because I was setting all this up," I said sighing," this will totally make it up to her."

"She's lucky to have you," Yukiko said walking off with Chie.

I was changing my shoes at my locker when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turned to see Rise smiling at me adorably.

"Happy Valentine's day," she said," today I know you have to be free so meet me after school."

"I can't I'm sorry, I have something important after school," I lied.

"Can't you just skip it," she said pouting.

"You know I can't," I said trying to look serious.

"Well at least spare a few minutes after school," she said," for me."

"Of course," I said kissing her forehead running off to class.

-

The bell had rung ten minutes ago and I was rushing to check if everything was perfect I was about to leave when I remembered what I told Rise. I walked into her class and saw her staring out the window before turning and smiling at me.

"For a moment I was thinking that maybe you wouldn't even come," she started," here this is yours, it's special just for you."

She held out a neatly wrapped box of chocolates. I could tell something was wrong but she tried to hide any emotions by forcing a smile.

"Thank you," I said smiling at her.

"Well now where are you going? Who are you going to see? It's a girl isn't it," she said sadly.

"Of course not, what makes you say that," I asked slightly hurt.

"That was mean. I didn't want to say that, but you're the one making me turn so mean," she replied sadly," I'm your girlfriend and I can't even go on a date with you on Valentine's day. I guess is whatever it is a big deal to you I can't complain, but I'm not just going to take it lying down. This isn't fun and games, I'm serious about you. I hate this I always feel like a mess when it comes to dealing with you. Sorry, I don't want to trouble you."

I walked over to her and held her placing a kiss on her head.

"You're no trouble at all," I said," now I need to go."

-

I stood backstage at Junes and Yosuke came to tell me the girls had brought Rise. He told me we could get started whenever I was ready, and I walked out onto the stage as the music began. I saw Rise's face when she heard me start singing.

The song ended and I was holding Rise's hands in mine staring into her eyes. Tears were sitting at the edges and she smiled at me.

"Happy Valentine's Day," I said smiling," how did you like your present?"

"I loved it," she said wrapping her arms around my neck," so this is what you were so busy with the past few days."

I nodded as she laughed.

"I was pretty upset you know, but I guess this makes up for that," she said staring at me.

"Well just for insurance," I said leaning down towards her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer and kissed her passionately. I could feel her smile as she kissed back. As the need for air arose she looked at me panting slightly.

"I love you Rise," I said resting my forehead against hers.

"I love you too (Y/N)," she replied pulling me into another kiss.