part five

It had been a few weeks since they began fostering the teenager. Presley was now enrolled at the local high school, but had yet to start due to her anxiety. Hanna was in no rush for Presley to start, seeing as she understood what anxiety was like. They had taken a tour of the large school the first week she moved in, and Presley liked the school. It was her anxiety that didn't.

It was a Monday morning. It was a pretty grey morning, which was expected for the middle of April. Rain clouds were starting to appear. Hanna loved the rain so she was very much looking forward to the rest of her day.

She was in the middle of making breakfast when Presley made her way into the kitchen. She was freshly showered and in a pair of sweats. "Morning." She mumbled to her foster mother.

"Good morning, my dear," Hanna smiled at her as she opened the fridge, grabbing a few eggs to fry for her. "Over easy? Or are you feeling scrambled?"

"Over easy, and can I have some toast?" She asked.

"Of course," Hanna grabbed a few slices of bread and popped them into the toaster as she cracked the eggs and placed them onto the saucepan. "Did you sleep alright?"

"Yeah," Presley nodded as Emily entered the kitchen. "Morning." She mumbled.

"Good morning," Emily smiled at her before kissing her wife's cheek. "Good morning, my love," She opened the fridge. "Orange juice, Pres?"

"Sure."

Emily grabbed two glasses from the cabinet, and filled them with the orange liquid. She yawned as she placed it in front of her foster daughter before she took a seat at the breakfast table in front of her already prepared breakfast.

Hanna finished making their foster daughter's breakfast. Soon she was sitting at the table with her two ladies, about to dig into her own meal. "We're hosting dinner tonight, you know, for Aria's birthday."

"Right, I completely forgot," Emily put her orange juice down, and sipped her black coffee. "Has Presley met her yet?"

"We've kept it quiet these past few weeks, Presley," Hanna said to their foster child as she sipped her juice. "But we think it's time you've like, met our close friends. At least a few. If that's all right?"

"It's fine," the young girl smiled. "Aria is the author, right?"

"Ah, yes, our lovely little author," Hanna smiled at the thought of Aria. "So, I need you to be ready to go in about an hour or two so we could go to a few stores and Costco to prepare."

"Oh shoot, I've got to go," Emily saw that it was nearing nine in the morning, meaning she was running late for her nine-fifteen meeting. "I'll see you two later tonight," she kissed Hanna's lips, and then rubbed Presley's arm. "You two have fun!"

***********

Hanna Marin glanced around the busy store in search of her foster daughter, who was nowhere in sight. She continued walking around and soon found her, standing in front of sweater that was placed on a plastic model.

"Hey," Hanna said softly. "We've got to head to Costco now. Aria is dropping her daughter off at the house by three, and as you know, I take hours in Costco."

"Oh, yeah, coming," Presley turned and made her way towards the blonde. "Let's go."

"Do you like that sweater?" Hanna asked, walking over and picking one up.

"I guess, I don't know," Presley shrugged. "It's nice."

"You can pick stuff out," Hanna told her as she put it on her arm, and made her way to the check out. "If you find something cute, tell me. You can get stuff. You just need to tell me to pay," she held her credit card up. "As long as it isn't bright orange. Gosh, I hate bright orange."