Suspended

"Miss Brown and Miss Harris, you are suspended for a week." Mr. Harbour announced, sipping some of his coffee as he did so.

"What?!?" Caroline shrieked, losing her grip on her ice pack that was placed on her red cheek.

"Yes, Miss Harris, a week." Mr.Harbour said once again.

"My parents are gonna kill me." Caroline whined, picking up the ice pack that was on the ground.

"Well, what you two did was unacceptable." Mr.Harbour stated, rolling his eyes at how ignorant Caroline was.

"It was her fault!" Caroline yelled, pointing to the quiet Millie.

"It was both of your faults." Mr.Harbour said rolling his eyes once again.

Caroline slumped back down in her seat and mumbled,"Bullshit."

Mr.Harbour chuckled to himself and started crossing something out on Caroline's paper. Caroline looked at him and wondered what he was doing.

"Now, Miss Harris you have two weeks of suspension!" Mr.Harbour said in a mocking voice.

"Why?!?" Caroline asked, worry creeping up her face.

"Because you know the rules, no disrespecting your adults. But guess what? That's exactly what you did." Mr.Harbour said leaning against the table with an interested face,"You wanna make that three weeks, Miss Harris?"

Caroline stayed silent, glaring at Mr.Harbour.

"As for you Miss Brown, you will only be suspended for a week." Mr.Harbour said turning his attention to the silent Millie.

Caroline rolled her eyes and Millie looked up.

"You two are now free to go." Mr.Harbour said, shooing them away.

Caroline ran out the door, frustrated at her life.

Millie slowly got her bag and walked out the principle's office, tearing up.

Finn was waiting outside for her, wondering how long it would take.

When he saw her crying he rushed over to her and hugged her.

That's when Millie couldn't help it anymore, she let out loud sobs and clutched Finn's shirt.

~~~~

"I can't believe you Millie. I just can't..." Millie's mom croaked, tears in her eyes.

"How? How can you get suspended?" Millie's mom asked, turning towards the sobbing Millie.

Millie shook her head and wiped the tears that were coming down in a rush.

"Huh, Millie?" Millie's mom turned away, angry at her daughter.

"I'm sorry!" Millie screamed,"I know that was dumb so I'm sorry! How much times do I have to say it for you to shut up?!?"

Millie's mom gasped in shock at her daughter. Millie never said anything back to her mom. She never did...

When Millie's mom didn't answer, Millie ran out the living room, opened her door and slammed it shut.

Millie ran over to her bed and cried. She hugged her pillow to her chest and cried. She didn't know what she was feeling. She was mad, sad, disappointed, even scared...

She didn't want to slap Caroline, but if she didn't Caroline would push her around and piss her off. She would even try to take Finn away from Millie.

She continued crying and suddenly somebody went to her bed and picked her up.

She didn't refuse to be picked up, that's what she needed right now. She needed to be held right now.

Finn placed Millie on his lap and held her. He could feel his shirt starting to get wet because of Millie's tears but he didn't care. He loved her and he wanted to be there for her when she needed him.

Finn kissed her forehead and after a while she started to get quiet. He looked at her and saw that she was asleep.

He laid her down and pulled her covers above her carefully, not wanting to wake her up.

He decided to do his homework until it was time for dinner.

~~~~
"Where's Millie?" Natalia asked at the table.

"She's asleep." Finn answered quietly.

Natalia looked down at her plate and decided not to ask anymore questions.

"Well, Finn can you bring her food after you're done and tell her she's grounded?" Millie's mom asked Finn kindly.

"Sure." Finn answered, looking down at his food.

After he was done eating, he grabbed Millie a plate and started putting 2 slices of meatloaf and 2 spoonfuls of mashed potato on the plate. He also poured some gravy onto the mashed potatoes because he knew she liked that. He grabbed some OJ from the fridge and poured some in a cup for her. He also got her some utensils and put it on her plate.

He carefully opened the door and picked up the plate and juice and entered.

Soooo, Millie's suspended and grounded... TBH, I'm happy she slapped Caroline. It was the right thing to do in my opinion. THANK YOU GUYS (again) FOR over 31k reads and 1.48k votes! I really appreciate it so thank you thank you thank you sooooo much! Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next update!