Chapter 8

Vote, comment, love me. :)

"I've got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match, what a catch." -Fall Out Boy

*Azel's POV*

The week flew by faster than I wanted. Though, I didn't want to leave, I had no choice in the matter. What's worse, Alistair couldn't come with me.

My Mom said she wanted to be a family again. That if I just gave him a chance I would love him like a father. I didn't want him in my life. Hell, I didn't even want her back.

Ingnoring the smiles they sent me as I walked through the door, I headed straight up to my room to unpack all my things. After I finished and went to my bed to relax, I noticed a note sitting on top of my pillows.

"Zell. All I ask is that you give me a chance. I want to be a good father to you. I don't know what its like to have a kid, and I hope that you'll work with me through this process. I want to be the man your real father should have been. Please, give me a chance."

I could feel the pit of anger in my stomach rising the more I read. Not only did he call me by the nickname Alistair had given me, he spelled it wrong too. I thought I had made it clear, that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with him, but it seems he wouldn't give up.

Crumpling the note up and throwing it away, I climbed on my bed, pulled out my phone and began to call Alistair.

"I miss you already."

Smiling at the first words I heard, I returned them and began telling him about the note I had found.

"Maybe he really does want to try. Though, I'm not happy about him using the name Zel. Only I get to call you that."

"I don't want him to try. I don't anything to do with him."

"I know, love. I know."

We talked on the phone for hours, sometimes not even saying anything. It didn't bother me, though. Just knowing he was on the other end of the line gave me a kind of comfort I couldn't explain.

"Pocket is going crazy, now that you're gone. He keeps running from room to room trying to find where you went."

"Awe, pet him and tell my baby I'll be back as soon as I can...Oh and the cat too."

He broke out into laughter at my words, causing waves of chills to shoot down my body, and make my heart double in speed.

"I'm not going to get any sleep, tonight."

We said the words at the exact same time, send another burst of laughter into the air, this time from both of us.

"I love you so much, Azel Winters."

"And I love you, Alistair Hawke."

Hearing someone call me from downstairs, I told Alistair I had to go, but I would call him later tonight. After saying our goodbyes and hanging up, I figured I should head down to find out what she wanted.

As the dinning room table came into view, I had to stop myself from falling by using the wall next to me. The entire thing was loaded with food. A number of dishes covered almost every inch of the entire area.

"Come on, son. We're going to eat together like a family."

I wanted to yell at him for calling me his son, but I couldn't find the voice to do so. Shocked had over taken me completely. Taking a seat at the table, I noticed a plate had already been dished up for me causing my anger to rise once again. Am I not old enough to get my own food?

"Its so nice to see us eating together! Just like we always do. Right, Azel?"

"Mom, we haven't shared a meal together since I was seven. Besides, you don't even know how to cook."

A nervous bit of laughter left her once again. Looking to her husband, she said I was only trying mess with him, and that we do eat together all the time.

Taking a bite of the chicken in front of me, I almost gaged when it hit my mouth. It was disgusting! Spitting it back onto the plate and getting up from my chair, I walked over to the closet and grabbed out a jacket.

"Where do you think you're going?" My mother asked glaring at me.

"Out."

"No you're not! You are going to come sit at this table and eat dinner with us like me and you always do!"

"Always do? Tell me, 'mom' when was the last time we ate together? Better yet, when was the last time you called from being out of state? Oh wait, that's right, you haven't. You're to damn busy destroying peoples lives and marriages! Don't you dare come in here, action like we're one big happy family when I haven't said more than three words to you in the last fucking year!"

"Look son, I know your mother is trying her bes-"

"Do NOT, call me your son. My Mom isn't trying her best other than to make you think this 'family' is something its not. Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to mc donalds or something to get food that actually tastes good!"

Rushing from the room and out of my house, I tried to make myself calm down, but only manged to make myself angrier. Pulling out my phone, I asked Alistair to pick me up. After telling him I would explain everything soon, I hung up and started walking towards the park I had promised to meet him at.

Vote, comment, love me. :)