Chapter 9: you're not the only one that's confused

Hey guys, I am aware that you don't read this, and I am torn about that because I want to get recognition for my originality, but I don't want you guys to patronize me. With that, if you have read this far, I know it is confusing, this is my first full-blown story, so forgive me for that, I'll get better at it. Thank you all for once again reading the story, and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

The cold air stung Nina's pale cheeks as the strange man from earlier flew her off to some unknown place in the middle of the woods. The small girl had given up screaming for help a while ago, it was obvious that no one would hear, nor would they probably care about a total stranger. The sea of trees gave way to brown fields of grass that were dotted with the occasional bare tree and horse that would trot across the open moors. It would've been a lovely sight if a strange immortal hadn't swept her away from her fiancé while they were planning to go meet his family. Everything seemed to be going in a good way for Nina, she was going to get married, even if she was kidnapped with no explanation as to why tying the knot was being sprung on you so suddenly, and she seemed to have met a man who actually cared about her at least a tiny bit, but no, something had to go wrong.
The sun was beginning to dip behind the horizon, and the man was still carrying Nina as he flew, not even seeming to tire. It was a long flight, and it wasn't a vey comfortable trip if Nina was to be honest. Luckily for Nina, the ride wasn't all too long from there on. After a few more minutes of uncomfortable flight, the stranger began to fly lower to the ground, getting ready to land on the dead, cold grass.
The stranger didn't set the ebony haired girl down, instead he began walking across the field towards a small, almost rundown building that looked like nothing more than a few black blocks that were stacked up against some support beams. There was no denial, if it was a complete it would be a very elegant and beautiful structure, but now it just sat in disarray in some forgotten field for god knows how long. It was a weird sight, and it gave off an unwelcoming, ominous vibe that grew as Nina was carried closer.
"So, what is this place? Are you playing some type of joke on me?" Nina asked, eyeing the strange man who carried her across the dead field of grass towards the pile of rocks.
"This is your home." The man said, his eight foot tail swaying behind him like that of a cats before an attack. A sense of dread grew in Nina's stomach as the pair grew closer to the wreck, and so many questions whirled around in her head, it was almost nauseating to think. What did this guy mean? Why did he bring her here?
These questions and many more danced in Nina's mind as the collapsing structure grew bigger until she had crane her head to see the edge of the damaged wall, the lone thing that held any bit of cover in the heap of rubble that was once a castle. "Do you know what a home looks like?" Nina questioned, raising an eyebrow at the silent dragon boy who kept a tight grip on her, as if she would run away like a rabbit from a wolf. Which he wasn't too wrong to think. While Nina tried to comprehend the melancholy that was her thoughts, the dragon boy walked under the cover of the last ledge of roof that was still standing. The sight that she was met with nearly made her laugh her ass off.
Two females and another man stood in the concealment of the shadows, each of them turning to meet the arrival of Nina. The woman standing closest to the left side of the wall was a short red head with brilliant green eyes, a set of wings with a red underside, the man standing next to her was a short, pale man with cold brown eyes that seemed to narrow as soon as he saw Nina being carried closer. The third person was a caramel colored girl with frizzy brown hair and matching brown eyes that were the color of chocolate.
"Is that really the queen? She sure doesn't seem like much." The red-head growled, putting her hand roughly on her partners shoulder, making the short man jump as if he was caught in the act of doing something he wasn't supposed to do.
"Maria, have some respect, she's the last pure blooded dragon on this earth, we must cherish her." The second girl scolded as the dark skinned stranger who held Nina gently put her down back on her feet, letting her stand on the uneven, rocky ground as the women spoke harshly to each other. Unsure of what to do, Nina just stood there awkwardly while the group spoke about her as if she didn't exist.
"Um, guys..." Nina said, her voice sounding like a quiet whisper, but it got the groups attention with ease. "Would any of you mind telling me why I am here, or what you guys are talking about?" Nina asked nervously, standing stiffly in front of the group of dragons while they all stared at her like she was dumb, their eyes showing barely any emotion as they looked at her, making her uncomfortable with their deadpan looks. It was like they hadn't even noticed her until now.
"Don't you know your old home? This is a valuable landmark for us, you were born here." The caramel colored girl said, giggling slightly as if Nina was joking. "You guys kidnapped me out of a damn car, didn't explain anything, and swept me here without any type of introduction. I don't know who you are, what you want, or why I am here." Nina screamed, becoming panicked as the realization of being trapped with two men, and women who don't care about her at all.
The group was silent, only staring at her in silence. "We're sorry about that, we really should learn some manners." The short guy said, running a hand through his thinning blonde hair as he waddled over to her, holding his hand out to her. "My name is John, my mate over there is named Maria, the girl over there is named Amy, and the man who carried you here is her mate Michael." John asked, eyeing Nina's chest as he spoke.
"Yeah, sorry about not introducing ourselves, we get excited kind of easily, it gets kind of complex, so don't hate us for not wanting to tell you everything at once." Amy said, shrugging her shoulders as she looked at her companions who stood under the growing shadows. Night was closing in on the group as they stood there.
"You know what? It's getting late, why don't we get home, we can explain everything there." Amy explained, Maria and Michael remaining silent as the girl spoke, each one seeming to lack any type of interest in this stranger girl who stood confused in front of them.
The group nodded slightly, coming to a group agreement to go home for the night, and after a short preparation period, they all spread their wings and began to fly, each one taking their turn to take a running start to get into the air. Their wings took the breath from Nina's lungs as she watched them hover over her, waiting for her. It was a beautiful sight to see, a group of dragons flying gracefully above her head.
"Are you coming with us, Milady?" Maria said, her cold voice ringing with confusion as she watched Nina gawking at the four dragons as they all flew, waiting for her. After a moment, Michael landed, and without a word, scooped Nina up like a baby in his arms.
Nina didn't complain as the towering man took off once again and followed his friends through the shadows of the night towards their destination. The air seemed colder than when they were flying before, and it's not like Michael was sharing any of his body heat. Confusion swam through Nina's thoughts as they flew through the beautiful night sky that surrounded them as they soared. The beauty of it all was nearly blinding for Nina, but her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden pain in her back, like the muscles around her spine were flexing on their own. It hurt like hell, but it was like something was trying to get out of her body, something familiar was raking through her body as they flew through the air. Something was reacting.

Hey guys, I know I didn't really explain anything, but I want to take my time with this, try and turn it into an actual book. I thank anyone who has read this far, so once again, I thank all of you. Peace my friends!

The lost queenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara