Planning

"So Amy....have anything in mind yet?" Amy's eyes widened at her mother's sudden question and nearly choked on her food. She coughed heavily before replying to her. "Um I haven't really thought about it mom to be honest."

The disappointment Amy had expected to be there was replaced with a strong constant smile. "Oh I'm sure you'll think of something. You just need some inspiration. In fact we have a royal painter whose art has become well known in many reefs."

"Really?"Amy asked in half awe and perplexity. "Where, you know Leo and I are used to..well there are painters but they use liquid for painting and since we're underwater.."

Amy looked around awkwardly and before the room became fully silent with the sentence Amy had left in the air it was filled with a laugh, that somehow sent a beautiful melody throughout the room.

Amy and Leo were new to it, but it was their mother's laugh that seemed to lighten the mood a long with the room.

"Oh I'm sure you're curious about that. Here we have 2 arts of painting, the newer way with our source of magic which is put into our paintbrush and paints on a flat surface and sticks like any human painting. The old way was more of a performance, where we use our version of paint and let the artist bend the paint into a beautiful shape of art."

"Sounds pretty complicated if you ask me..." said Leo from his plate of green color themed plate of food.

Amy rolled her eyes playfully,"Well,I'll actually be honored to see a performance. I'm sure that is just what I need to get inspired."

"I'm so glad you're going. I assure you it is the best. I'll contact him right after dinner," the Queen replied.

Amy smiled but not only because she'll be introduced to these new things but Dorian and her actually had a chance. She took a deep breath, as long as they avoided unnecessary distractions.

The rest of the night went smoothly but all Amy wanted to do was get to her room and for the day to be over. Then she could let her whole day be processed properly because she doubted what went on today really registered with her emotions.

She swam back with her brother and when the paths to their rooms came they mumbled goodbyes and went on their own path.

Deep in her thoughts she thought of the long promised things that would come from continuing to see Dorian. Before she knew it, she'd be with him soon tomorrow. She managed to change the clothes she had on and lay her head on her soft pillow with one person still on her mind. Dorian...

--------------------------------------------------

    Amy lay, tangled in the sheets as she dreamt. She tossed and turned as the beautiful dream she had about her future beloved turned into something dark. What was once about Dorian and her dancing on the beach, the sky turned dark nearly black. The clouds became gray. Dorian and her turned in the direction of the sound of violent crashing waves and saw a tidal wave that was 30 feet high. The water usually welcoming looked dark and evil. She backed away but was yanked into Dorian's arms.

  She heard his comforting whispers telling her it would be alright as he strokes her hair. Even though he said those words softly in a way that would normally please her..something was off in the way he now stroked her hair. Just as she thought that she felt a hard yank of her hair that ultimately resulted in a scream, and it was the exact moment the waves crashed down on them.

The nightmare continued in the violent,harsh cold water. The water tossed her around, and for the first time since she found out what she was, she began to drown. Her lungs burned as she tried holding on to the air she had left but a sudden force in the water knocked the little air she had left right out of her.

   And the water rushed in her mouth and nostrils to replace the air that was stolen from her. She began to lose consciousness and lose the fight with the waves.

That's when she felt a gentle touch that seemed to warm her arm and spread throughout her body. She felt something soft on her lips and opened her eyes to see Dorian's sea green eyes meet hers.

That is when she looked down and saw her transformed tail. He held her hand to kiss it was then a unknown force knocked him away. Dorian wrestled with it and when her eyes were finally able to catch the figure she realized it was similar to Dorian's body structure.

She'd know that body shape anywhere but something about it was different. It seemed more aggressive and hateful in it's movements toward the Dorian she knew.

In the fight she saw as her Dorian threw his tail in a whale like movement that was so powerful it pushed the other figure into a rock wall and the figure became partially embedded in the wall.

That's when she saw the figure's face. And like she expected it was Dorian but..not quite. He had his face but the way his upper lip was lifted up in a snarl and his eyes tinted with red...it was obvious he meant harm.

But instead of continuing the fight like she expected this cruel imposter of her lover to do, his eyes locked with hers. He gave her a unpleasant smile and in a familar yet empty feeling voice he said,"Soon you'll be mine and he won't always protect you."

Then he laughed hysterically. He gave her a crude smile that she was unfamiliar with seeing on her beloved.

For the first time, she became afraid of Dorian. She hated that realization and covered her eyes to protect her from the sight of a bad part of him.

When there was silence and stillness in the water after a few moments, she opened her eyes. Once doing so, she saw each Dorian shoulder to shoulder...staring at her.

One the dreamy face with sea green eyes, another with tinted red and with a frightening and violent demeanor. Both edged towards her and before she could move,they both grabbed her shoulders jolting her.

With that Amy shot up from her bed covered in cold sweats and light trembling. With that she pulled her knees up to her chest,hugging them with both arms...she began to cry.