The Big Bet

"Move over!" Mumbled Amy."Why don't you move!" Leo mumbled back. Amy opened her eyes and sat up. She found her brother facing her on the opposite side of the couch laying out his feet where her head was.

      He had woken up too, looking just as wide eyed. Erica and Ivan weren't there. Leo got up and began stretching.

    "Where'd they go," he wondered out loud. Amy got up and started stretching too. Amy felt her ruffled hair." Do you think they're in their room?" Leo didn't care how his own hair looked so he had crossed his arms.

       He shrugged,"Doubtful, it's Friday so they use it for leisure. They may use it to to get ready for our party." Amy froze," Party?" Leo glanced back at Amy with a puzzled expression.

      "Yeah PARTY its pretty soon...didn't they tell you?" Amy threw her hands up." Obviously not Leonardo." Leo rolled his eyes at Amy's attempt to unsettle him with his full name." I'm going in the shower." Amy looked at the time as she walked into her bedroom. 7:06 am. Amy groaned, it was gonna be quite a day at school.

      Amy heard her phone buzzing on the dresser. She picked it up seeing text messages and missed calls from Cyrus. She opened the text messages. All asking if she needed a ride to school. Leo and her share a car but he uses it to come home from practice and Amy doesn't mind getting a ride with her best friend.

     She replied yes and shut her phone off. She was going into her bathroom to shower. She took no longer than 20 minutes usually because she hated the idea of hogging the bathroom even though it was her own room.

       However, after awhile she found herself just standing directly under the shower head, wrapping her arms around herself as if cold. She started to examine her hair. It was strange, having her hair back to it's natural color after so long. A big part of her loved it, but a tiny stubborn part of her,in fact too stubborn in fact to accept this change.

        A knock on the door broke her out of her thoughts. "Ace, Cyrus is outside!" Amy's heart dropped, Shoot!

       How long had she been in this shower?! She turned the water off and hopped out the shower. In a rush she dried her hair, but the ends still curled from  the dampness. After Amy put on a pair of black leggings a shoulder showing (eye matching) blouse, and black ankle high boots.

         She was able to curl her hair. They were big curls so that Cyrus wouldn't have to wait an longer if she attempted to make smaller curls. She put on a quick swipe of mascara and glittery lip gloss to finish the look. Amy launched down the stairs with her book bag.

        She caught Leo drinking out of a carton from the fridge. He froze like a deer caught in car headlights when realizing that Amy caught him. His hair was damp from his own shower and covered majority of his face. He wore a long sleeved stormy blue hoodie, with gray jeans and black converse.

       "I'm off Leo!"Leo still frozen watched her go. Amy opened the front door and before closing she looked back at Leo. "Oh and uh..lock the door please." She then tried not to slam the door and jumped off the porch steps. She ran up to Cyrus and his car, he was leaning on the driver's seat's door.

      Once setting eyes on Amy he smiled then quirked up his eyebrows." Kinda late don't you think?" Amy hugged Cyrus then pulled away to reply,"You have no idea whats been going on lately." They got in the car and Cyrus smirked,"I presume you're gonna tell me." Amy laughed,"You know me too well Cy." He started the car and looked back at Amy and glanced back at Amy realization all over his face as he froze.

  "Your hair."

   "Oh yeah, I re-dyed it...do you like it?"

   "I love it."