Chapter 6: Dr. Allen Thinks She Can Help... I Don't

Start from the beginning

                ‘Help me’ my ass! I didn’t need medication to feel better, and even if I did have depression it wasn’t that bad… right?

***

The weekend came and passed. I didn’t do much…

                I stared at the wall a lot.

                Then Monday came, and I was in an even worse mood because I didn’t want to wake up so early, or go to school, or deal with the people there.

                “What happened in your hair today?” Julie asked me at lunch.

                I swallowed hard as Christy laughed. The rest of the table didn’t exactly find this funny, but they didn’t bother to start a scat over me. My light brown locks were thrown into a messy this morning, since I’d woken up late and didn’t have time to mess around with it.

                “Quinn,” a voice said behind me, and I turned round to see Sam.

                “Wanna sit with Tessa, Ethan, and I today? Yesterday was fun and we want to hang with you again.”

                I felt a grin spread across my face, hearing this.                                                                                

                “Sounds great,” I said, standing up.

                I turned back to grab my tray and was met with a glare from Christy as Julie tried to wiggle her way into our plans.

                “But Quinn and I were just talking about something really important…” Julie said.

                I looked at her confused. If my ‘ugly’ hair was that important, then Julie really had no life. But she was simply working towards something; I’m guessing she was trying to invite herself and Christy to sit with us too. I wasn’t completely sure I wanted to know if my theory was right, and I knew I wasn’t going to stay to find out.

                “We can continue it later,” I said to her, then grabbed Sam and dragged him away from their clutches.

                “Thanks for saving me,” I whispered to him.

                “What were they saying to you when I walked up? Something about your hair?”

                I blushed and looked away, shrugging. “They were just commenting on how it wasn’t made up today.”

                Sam rose an eyebrow at me, “I think I distinctly heard something along the lines of; ‘What happened in your hair’.” he said it in the best bitchy and girly voice he could muster, and I found myself crack a smile, despite the topic of conversation.

                I blushed and looked away, shrugging again.

                “If it means anything, your hair doesn’t look ugly, I think it actually looks really pretty,” after he said this, he blushed like I was.

                “Thanks, Sam.”

                By now we reached Tessa and Ethan, who were in some sort of heated discussion. We sat down next to each other across from them and started listening to their argument.